Chapter 13

"What's going on?" Nicholson asks as he stares at Tyson who was staring at his phone without any emotions in his face.

"Nothing, just mom"

"Why are you ignoring my aunt?" he asks in amusement and a scowl forms in Tyson's face.

"Because I am busy and do not have time for her match making games," he growls before putting his phone back in his pocket.

"Well seems like you will be married for sure this year" he teases as he gets up and pulls on his coat.

"As if" he scoffs before he checks the bullets in his gun before walking towards the door.

"Let's end this hopefully without any blood"

"Yeah right" Tyson scoffs once again as he lets Nicholson walk first before following behind him.

"What the fuck are Russo doing in here?" Nicholson curses as Ryman comes in view.

"I will mix up" Tyson whispers as he walks away from Nicholson while he makes his way towards Ryman.

"Hey you made it" Ryman is the one to ask as both of them shake their hands.

"It would have been a surprise if I did not. Everyone knows why I am here, but you, a Russo...

I heard Ricardo does not want anything to do with the newbies"

"Big bro does not waste his time on things that does not last longer but I got curious, daring to invite the top most mafia family together is no joke...

It was a shock actually that you accepted the invite, I think most of us are here to see what you will be doing?"

"Is that so?" Nicholson asks raising his brow at the comment.

"Yeah, when the invite came in the house, they said you will be joining"

"Ah using a Price, smart move"

"We both know it was not, so what are you going to do. It is always a threat no matter how small a group forms...
And I heard you do not gel up good with the Latinos" he asks with a knowing smile.

"Don't try to act as if you know something on me Russo, just like these people you are a newbie in this world as well...

It's your brother we know not you, play safe," he suggests moving away from Ryman who just shakes his head with a smile.

*******

"Ah Price" Madeline gasps as she walks towards Nicholson with drinks in her hands.

"How are you?" she asks passing one of the glasses towards him but Nicholson just calls for a waiter and takes a glass from him.

"I know how to get a drink myself"

"You love that, don't you, insulting me or shall I presume playing hard to get" she smiles wickedly making Nicholson raise a brow at her silently.

"You know the only reason I suffered forty eight hours of flight and this tacky party is just so I can see you, you should feel honored"

"I am actually thrilled so respecting that honor I will leave you alone"

"Huh, do you want me to beg for your attention Nick" Madeline hisses in his ear as she stops him from walking away while every eye on the party was on them.

"Sweetheart" he whispers tucking the strands of her hair behind her ear before he adds.

"Don't make me laugh" he finishes as he walks away from her.