Chapter 12

Warning Violence ahead

"Do you want anything?" Tristan asks as he covers Gracie with a thin blanket.

"Yes" she whispers making him frown and staring at her face expectantly.

"Umm...will you lie beside me?" she asks uncertain and Tristan smiles.

"Let me pull Tracie's crib closer hmm" he states before turning to carry Tracie's crib closer to the bed.

"Did you not call bro?" she asks when he walks towards the bed before getting in.

"No, we have not told anyone about the incident and we both know Nick will not handle the news in the right way"

"Okay"

"But Damon was in the hospital until the discharge was done, he wanted to see you but Tulip took him home, she said you were not ready to face one of your brothers" he states as he lie next to her on the bed.

"She is good for him" Gracie smiles as she turns to face his side.

"Yeah too good" he agrees before lying still when her hand touches his hair.

"I like her, I always liked her"

"Uh yeah"

"Is her brother still staying with Uncle Gabriel?"

"Yeah, Gabe would not let him move out even if he wants to"

"Hmm, he sees Throne as his own son"

"Guess so, he is fond of Throne"

"What have you been up to when I was gone?" she asks moving closer to his side.

"Nothing much, just work and home"

"Did you date?"

"I never planned on" he speaks as he turns to face her.

"But you were so sure last time that"

"And you ruined me for everyone" he clarifies as he holds her hand and pulls it away from his hair.

"You always do that" he comments.

"Do what?"

"Playing with my hair"

"Oh does it bother you?"

"No, but"

"It calms me, touching you, it gives me hope that you are here" she smiles.

"I will always be here" he smiles as he kisses her fingers.

"Tell me" he asks still holding her hand.

"Tell you what?"

"How was it when Tracie was in your womb?" he whisper asks and for a while he curses himself for asking that question hoping he did not upset her.

*******

"Happiest day of my life, she gave me hope. She was part of both of us and that was everything...

I was having your baby" she smiles as tears streams down her eyes.

"Gracie" he sighs pulling her closer to him.

"Oh TT, he was so horrible" she sobs clutching the back of his shirt.

"I am sorry; I am so, so sorry Gracie, I am so sorry"

"He said he will take her away from me TT, he said he will let me give her birth and then take her away from me...

Please do not let him do so, please"