Chapter 07

Present Day...

"It's time to feed the baby" the nurse speaks as she helps Gracie to sit up slowly.

The same nurse picks up Gracie's little daughter before passing her onto Gracie's waiting arms.

"Hey there little princess" Gracie coos as she pushes her dress a bit and helps her girl to feed on her breast milk.

"If you are ready I can call your husband in" the nurse suggests but Gracie shakes her head no.

"Gracie" the nurse sighs at the girl.

"He got to hold her and that is all I will allow him" she speaks with no emotion in her face before a smile appears on her face watching her baby girl.

"If you need anything just push the button" the nurse states as she walks out of the door and shuts it on her way out.

"Did you see him sweetie? That man is your daddy, not the one who hurt us. Your daddy is sweet, he makes mommy mad at him but he is kind...

Moreover, daddy will love you I know he will. I will not let anyone hurt you again, you will never go through the same fear mommy went through" she speaks with her daughter as her daughter suckles on her milk unknown of the world around her.

After a while, the door to her room opens to find the same nurse walking inside with a tray for her.

"Your brothers are here, they want to see you," the nurse informs as she sets the tray on Gracie's lap.

"My daughter is asleep" is all Gracie speaks as she sips on the soup.

"How long are you going to avoid them?"

"Until I gather all of my strength so I can give the answers to their questions"

"Tristan looked desperate"

"Did he now? Good"

"Why are you doing this Gracie?"

"The soup is good" she replies quietly before finishing it all.

*******

"Twinkle, Twinkle, little star

How I wonder what you are.

Up above the world so high,

Like a diamond in the sky.

Twinkle, Twinkle" Gracie stops at once singing the lullaby to her daughter as the loud crash is heard before shouts follow.

"Oh, seems like your uncles are mad...well, what can we do, they are men and men are idiots just like your daddy...

Twinkle, Twinkle little star" she continues to sings rocking her baby in her arms shutting the cries and shouts right outside of her door.

Gracie watches over her daughter as she pulls the rope of the crib rocking it so her daughter would have a good sleep and not wake up.

She stares at her little girl smiling as she tries to see if she they share any similar features but all she can see is his features, just like him, her daughter was perfect to her.

"You must have shocked the living day lights out of your daddy when he held you; I wish I could have seen his face...

Moreover, I know your uncles will be so very mad at mommy about you, they must have felt betrayed as I have hidden your identity, but what would mommy do huh?

What would I say to them? However, whatever happens know that they will love you...

Even if they will be mad at mommy, they will accept you and love you so, so much...