Chapter 18

"Let me take her," Gracie smiles as she tries to take her daughter from Nicholson's arms but he just shakes his head no.

"She is sleeping, she may wake up if moved," he states before he walks towards the couch and sits with the baby in his arms.

"I have doubts we will get our daughter back from him," Tristan whispers in his wife's ears who nudges him on the side.

"Ssh" she scolds him before she walks towards her brother and sits next to him.

Nicholson smiles as he puts one of his arms around Gracie's shoulder and pulls her in his arms and she puts her head on the his shoulder while they stare at Tracie.

"Did mom come and visit?" he asks as he faces her.

"Yeah, she planned to stay but dad is unwell and dad has strictly asked her to not move an inch taking his germs along with her to us" she smiles as she pushes the blanket covering her daughter down to stare at her face.

"Yeah, guess his age is catching up to him, why don't you plan to come stay with them for a while, I am sure Tracie will like having more people around her" he suggests.

"I will let you know if I do"

Nicholson pulls his arm away from her before holding her wrist and slowing touching the area where the evidence of what she did was still there.

"Bro"

Nicholson just sighs before kissing both of her wrists before pushing her head near him as he kisses her forehead as well.

"You have Tracie now, just think about her. Do not let your head wander to things that will only end up hurting you, okay...

Just have happy thoughts, everything you want is right here is it not?" he asks and she nods her head not knowing what else to say.

"You are happy right?" he asks as he keeps staring at her face searching for any sign of sadness.

"Yes" she smiles as she hugs her brother ruffles her hair lovingly.

*******

"Stay for dinner" Gracie speaks as she walks towards the door along with her brother.

"I have some things that needs my attention, I will join you guys later" he smiles as he pinches her cheek before touching Tracie's nose who squeals seeing him before holding on his finger.

"She already likes you"

"I know I will miss her too. She is a good stress reliever," he points as he kisses his niece forehead before saying his goodbye.

"See you later, little one. Be good to your mother and no more meeting is hospitals okay" he talks and she just smiles.

"Maybe you should find a wife soon and make your own stress reliever," Gracie teases making him narrow his eyes at her.

"I will ignore that" he chuckles as he caresses her cheek before saying his goodbye and walking towards his car.

"Say bye-bye Uncle Nick" Gracie coos at her daughter as she waves her daughter's little hands while watching her brother drive away.

Gracie walks inside of the house before locking the door; she walks straight towards the crib and puts Tracie in it before giving her the doll Nicholson brought for her before heading towards the kitchen.

Wrapping her arms around Tristan's waist, she bends to the side to watch what he was cooking.

"Ah" she opens her mouth as he feeds her the slice of boiled chicken meat.