Chapter 20

"Do you want anything else?" Nicholson asks as he puts the bowl of soup away from his sister's lap who just stares at her brother silently as she had done from the moment he brought her back home from hospital.

Three weeks and she has not uttered a word and that was killing him the most, his sister's silence.

"Would you like to walk around?" he asks once more hoping to get an response but she stays quiet before silently getting inside of the covers and covering her whole body letting him know she wanted to be left alone.

Nicholson walks out of the room taking away the tray, he looks behind once more to find her lying inside of the bed.

"How is she doing?" his grandmother asks as she takes the tray away from him.

"She is not speaking"

"She has been through too much, give her some time also your mother called, she has been asking about Gracie...

It seems Nicholas has not said anything about your sister to your mother," she informs and he nods his head.

"I will tell he about Gracie once Gracie starts to respond, it will kill mom if she saw Gracie in such a condition" he sighs as he rubs his face and walks towards his office.

"Are you going to take calls from here?" Tyson asks as he follows Nicholson towards his office.

"Hold everything for a while Ty, I cannot think and it's killing me to see Gracie so quiet"

"Maybe she seeks company?" Tyson suggests but Nicholson shakes his head no.

"Have you forgotten how much she had been scared when I tried to touch her after we brought her back home?

It took a week for her to open up to granny what makes you think more company will do her help?"

"She has just now started to let me bring her food I am not risking it all. I know my energetic sister is somewhere in there and she will come out in her time...

I am not pushing her. Anyway, any news on where that fucking bastard is?" he asks.

"No, I have men around the house, no one has seen him. Damon has asked his pack to look out for him...

However, we all know the pack has limited excess. He has not left the town but the question is where he has been hiding?" Tyson informs.

"This is our fucking empire Tyson, we fucking own this city so why cannot pick one fucking bastard out?" he shouts at Tyson who nods his head in understanding.

"Listen Nick, she is as much your sister as mine and I do fucking care. I have asked everyone to stay alert, he is a wolf if he can hurt our own sister under our watch then he sure must have planned for his escape, give me some time"

"Never again am I putting my trust on a wolf, a fucking wolf destroyed what was left of my sister and never again am I giving any wolf that much control over my life" he vows as he sits in his seat.

*******

"Tristan is here?" Tyson informs as he knocks on Nicholson's office.

"Ask him to wait; I will be there in few" Nicholson states before continuing to talk in his phone.

Tyson walks towards the living area Tristan was before informing him what Nicholson told him.

"You in hurry?" Tyson asks as he nods towards him.