chapter four

the whole day at work I couldn't focus. I couldn't get him out of my head.

I was put at the cash register and had to take orders today. to put it lightly it was a tradgedy.

I got so many orders wrong and names that weren't even close. I got scolded multiple times by seokjin but he never took me off of the cash.

at least he didn't take me off and put me in charge of making drinks because that could've been even worse.

but why was this mystery handsome mam I bumped into today invading my brain like a cancer, spreading everywhere including my stomach which produced fluttering every time I thought of him.

his brown eyes I could state at all day.
his soft lips I wanted to touch.
his beautiful hair I wanted to run my fingers through so badly.

but I couldn't do any of this. he probably thought I was some dorky kid who couldn't walk in a straight line.

I sigh and try to rid my mind of him once more but fail like every other time I've tried.

I can't help it that has so handsome.

I pull myself out of my daydream as seokjin nudges me, indicating there was a customer.

I look up and blink a few times. and blink a few more. this can't be real. nope. this can't be happening right now.

of course the one person I couldn't get my mind off shows up in front of my eyes.

he clears his throat and taps his finger in the counter waiting for me to stop staring and get on with taking his order.

I stand up straight and fix my apron.

"hello, my name is youngjae what would you like to order?" I say with my cutesy smile.

"just a medium black coffee and a sprinkle donut." the handsome stranger says with a low husky voice.

"alrighty, that'll be $4.25 please" as I punch in the order.

I watch him as he pulls the money out of his pocket and hands it to me. his hand brushes mine and I jump at the contact.

he smirks and laughs, "a little jumpy are we, smiley"

I blush and hide my face.

he walks over to the pickup counter as I grab his donut and place it in a bag and start making his coffee.

I can feel eyes on me as I make the coffee, I don't want to look if its him because that'd be embarrassing. I keep up my work as I slap a lid on his coffee and hand him his donut as well.

"thanks, if this is as good as it looks I'll be back for more." he says smiling as he walks out the door.

as soon as he's gone I let out a huge breath and feel my heart racing.

"looks like somebody's got a crush on a handsome stranger hmm" seokjin teases from the other side of the kitchen.
I stick my tongue out at him and continue to work and take orders still as terrible as before he came.

more scolding and peeved customers await me.

when I'm finally done with work I slip the apron off over my head, grab my jacket and say goodbye to seokjin and my coworkers before I head out the door into the elements outside.

I wonder if he liked the donut and coffee.

I hope he comes back.