chapter fourteen

waking up at jaebum's apartment made me feel so warm and cozy, especially since his body was wrapped around mine. i absolutely loved waking up like this.

is this what couples feel when they wake up next to their significant other?

significant other?

yup. i'm in too deep.

i rubbed my eyes and looked at jaebum's sleeping face. it was beautiful. i placed my palm on his left cheek and rubbed his cheekbone with my thumb, remembering everything about his face as if i would loose the memory.

jaebum slowly opened his eyes and sighed as he looked at me. i smiled and pecked his lips. jaebum smiled at me and we both started laughing.

jaebum rolled on top of me and took my face in his hands.

"you are so fucking cute, you know that." i giggled and grabbed onto his shirt, bunching up the material so i could pull him down into a kiss. our lips met and i could feel him smiling into the kiss.

i could SO get used to this i thought.

i was brought out of my thoughts as my phone started ringing. jaebum got off of me and let me get my phone but not without letting me know that he was upset by making a pout. i rolled my eyes at his actions and grabbed my phone from my pile of clothes that had accumulated.

"hello?" i said as i picked up the phone not even checking who it was.

"is there any specific reason as to why you haven't been to work in a couple days, youngjae?" seokjin's teasing voice came through the phone. i froze.

shit. work. that's a thing that i totally didn't forget about. (same with the author, i love plot holes hahahhahaha please forgive me)

"umm.. yeah... i'm so sorry jinnie i've been caught up with some stuff lately and i couldn't make it to work." i said sweetly trying to lessen the death sentence i was about to receive via seokjin.

"nice try lover boy, i know what you've been up to." i could see the smirk that was on the elders face right now and i couldn't help but feel a little embarrassed at how careless i had been with regards to work.

jaebum didn't even say something to me, that douche

"i'm so sorry, i could come in right now if you want!" i said trying to gather my clothes up while a giggling jaebum sat in the bed with hair that stuck up all over the place.

"no no, it's okay honeybun, i've got people covering your shifts. just make sure you know when you're working and don't let jaebum distract you, alright!"

how did he know jaebum's name? i have so many questions... wait... did jaebum call in for me all this time to tell seokjin i couldn't make it in to work?

i looked over to find jaebum smiling like a child.

"o-ok thank you jinnie... oh and by the way.. did jaebum call in for me or??" i asked staring right into jaebum's soul.

"oh yes he did, he told me you were sick but what he forgot to mention was that you were lovesick. i hope you have a great day with that boy, he seems to really care about you." seokjin' voice sounded sincere and i couldn't help my heart from melting right then and there.

seokjin and i said goodbye and i put the phone down.

this boy is gonna be the death of me is the only thought that came to my mind as i looked at jaebum all fluffy with his hair all messed up, his shirt falling off his shoulder and the biggest smile on his face.