Chapter Four: Pete/ Gabriel

A/N: I'm so sorry for such a long wait! I hope you enjoy :) 

(This might say chapter 6 but it is really chapter 4. My account is freaking out and won't change it for some reason).

Pete

Slowly opening my eyes, I yawned while rubbing my hands over my face. I noticed the clock next to the bed said 1:30. One look out the window confirmed it was 1:30 in the afternoon. Getting out of the comfortable bed, I made my way down the hallway before seeing Gabriel's open door. He wasn't in there and seeing as how the house was quiet I was assuming he was at school.

Looking down the empty hallway, I took a deep breath before walking into his room. Walking over to his desk, I smiled while seeing multiple pictures of Gabriel and Cleo as well as Gabriel and his mom. There were also many pictures of Gabriel with multiple guys, all in football jerseys. My smile faded while picking up a picture of Gabriel with a few guys at what looked like a dance. His life seemed so... perfect. He was a typical high school student, who played football and had many friends. He didn't deserve to have someone as messed up as me in his life.

Gently putting the picture down, I turned towards his bed to see a small teddy bear sitting in the middle. Picking it up, I smiled while lightly running my thumbs over its soft brown fur. My eyes continued to look around the room, looking at many clothes and books. I then saw a small bottle of cologne on the table by his bed, making me put down the teddy bear and walking over. After smelling the bottle, I couldn't help but smile as I instantly thought of the boy with light eyes. Taking one last look around the room, I took a deep breath before walking back out into the hallway.

Walking into the kitchen, I stopped short when I saw Francine sitting at the table. She was typing on a computer while talking on her cell phone before she looked up and smiled at me.

"Sounds great Kathy, I'll call you back when I have all of the details figured out." I watched as she ended the call before saying, "Good afternoon Pete! Would you like anything to eat?"

I stayed silent as I watched her walk over to the fridge and started pulling out different food. "How do you know it was me?"

She looked over at me while bringing sandwiches over to the table. "What do you mean honey?"

"Is it really that easy to tell between me and Reno just from walking into a room?"

I watched as Francine smiled at me before saying, "Pete, you're very gentle and soft. I'm not saying that Reno isn't, but he isn't as soft spoken as you are. Usually when Reno walks into a room, you can tell by the numerous cuss words coming out of that mouth. I enjoy both of you, and I know my son does too."

Deciding not to reply, I stared down at the sandwiches while hearing Francine start typing again. "What exactly are you doing?" I asked while picking at a small piece of bread.

"I'm working on a wedding," she said while turning her computer towards me. I looked at all the different colors swirling around the screen as she said, "This client has been a little difficult to work with, and she simply hates everything I come up with. Maybe it's because I'm not used to working with bright colors and funky designs. Would you like to help me?"

"Aren't you afraid I'd screw something up?"

"You can't screw up," she said while taking a giant bite of the sandwiches in front of us. "That's what's so fun about planning a wedding, there's so many options to choose from. Have fun."