Chapter Five: Gabriel/ Pete/ Lorenzo

Gabriel

Staring at the front of the classroom, I couldn't help but zone out while thinking about Reno. Reno seemed to be very... sensitive. I never would have thought that. Maybe he was right; maybe I did judge people too easily. Last night after we got home, he stayed in his room all night. There were many times that I wanted to go in there with him, but didn't want to seem weird. I can't get the feeling of kissing him out of my mind, and how I really wanted to do it again. Man what is wrong with me?

"Gabriel?"

Turning to my left, I saw a smiling Onyx looking at me. His shaggy brown hair was swept back, revealing his bright blue eyes. "Yeah?" I asked while shaking my head.

"You okay?"

"I'm fine," I said while watching him smile brightly at me.

Turning away, I continued to stare at the wall before the bell finally rang. While gathering my books, I looked up when a shadow fell over my desk. Glancing up, I looked at a smiling Onyx.

"Are you free tonight?" He asked while rubbing a hand over the back of his neck.

"No," I said while holding my books closer to my chest. "I have a game tonight and after I'm hanging out with my best friend."

Onyx continued to smile at me as he followed me out into the hallway. "Sounds fun, what are you guys going to do?"

I gave him a strange look while opening my locker and putting my books away. "I don't know, watch a movie maybe?" Why does he care so much?

He nodded before saying, "Sounds fun. I'll probably see you at the big game tonight, good luck!" With that he gently placed his hand onto my elbow before walking away. Weird, I thought before grabbing my book bag. Walking through the hallways, I smiled when I saw Cleo standing by her locker.

Coming up behind her, I wrapped my arms around her in a hug. She instantly turned around and started laughing before she returned the hug. "You're crazy."

"That's my middle name. Gabriel Crazy Taylor."

Cleo laughed again while she looked up at me to say, "It suits you."

"Thank you ma'am," I said before bowing in front of her.

She rolled her eyes before looking up. Glancing up, I sighed when I saw Onyx walking by. "You're so funny Gabriel."

When he was gone, Cleo looked at me while raising an eyebrow. "And who is that?"

Groaning, I leaned against her locker before saying, "This guy from my History class. I think he's into me."

"He totally is, he has the hots for you."

"Great," I groaned while watching Cleo laugh. "We're still hanging out after the game tonight right?"

She nodded before we started walking down the hallway and out the school. After getting inside my car, we sang different Beatles songs before we stopped in front of Cleo's house. "I'll meet up with you after the game."

"I'll find you, good luck tonight." With that she gave me a small smile before getting out of the car. I waved to Noah and Wes, who were cleaning out their car before I drove away.

Once I was home, I walked inside to see Reno sitting on the couch. However when he turned towards me, I realized it was actually Pete. I felt like an awful person when my heart sank a little. What is wrong with me? I'm a horrible person.

"Hi," Pete said while giving me a small smile.

"Hey," I said with a smile. "Are you free tonight?"