Chapter Six: The Reckoning

"Where are we going?" Holly demanded at Klaus dragged her along the corridors of Mystic Falls high school. Stefan had stayed back with Rebekah while he woke up.

"To pay a visit to your not so dearly departed sister," Klaus opened the door and came face to face with Elena. "There's my girl."

"Elena, run!" Holly shouted.

To her credit, Elena tried to run as fast as she could, but Klaus easily caught up to her and grabbed her arm. "You're supposed to be dead, now what are we going to do about that?"

Elena whimpered as Klaus dragged both of them towards the gym. "You put a rather kink in my plan sweetheart, you're supposed to be dead and that's why my hybrids aren't working. Now your sister and Stefan may have been able to keep this charade hidden, but I won't be fooled any longer."

"If you're going to kill me, just kill me." She said weakly.

"Oh, I will, but I do have ways in making both of you suffer," they entered the gym and saw several students putting pranks for prank night. "Attention students, prank night is over. Head on home." He stopped short when he saw two students. "You two stay here. Lift your foot up, please."

The girl did as she was told.

Klaus turned towards the boy. "If she drops her foot beat her to death, understood?"

"Klaus, you don't have to do this!" Holly hissed.

Klaus turned to her. "Of course I do, love." He turned to compel her. "Now I want you to stand still and not do anything until I tell you too."

Holly stiffen, but was forced to do as she was told.

Elena turned to him. "Where's Stefan what have you done with him?"

"Stefan's on a time out," the gym doors open as Matt and Bonnie came in. "I was wondering when you were going to show up."

"Holly?" Bonnie inquired.

"Bon, get out of here." She managed to say.

"No, Bonnie please stay," Klaus said. He turned towards the girl and boy. "Ok, you two rest, I see that you're the reason Elena is alive."

"Yes, if you want to blame someone, blame me."

"Oh, there's no need for that love, you caused a problem and now I need you to fix it."

Rebekah entered holding Tyler.

"Get off me!" Tyler demanded.

"Hush, now."

"I'd like all of you to meet my sister, Rebekah," Klaus said. "Word of warning she can be quite mean."

Rebekah scowled. "Don't be an ass." She threw Tyler towards Klaus.

"Leave him alone!" Elena shouted.

"I'm going to make this very simple, every time I try to make a hybrid they die in transition." He bit into his wrist and force fed Tyler some of his blood. He broke his neck. "And for his sake you better hurry."

"He killed him," Matt choked out as he looked at Holly. "I know that you're a vampire and I know what you did to Vicki."