Chapter Fifteen: Dangerous Liaisons

"I'm so sorry, Care," Holly whispered as she hugged Caroline. They were at the hospital and she couldn't believe that Bill Forbes had died, true she hadn't been fond of the man, but she knew how much Caroline had loved him. "Was it painful?"

She shook her head, her eyes swollen. "No, he died peacefully." She bit her lip. "But who would do that, who would turn him into a vampire."

"I don't know." Holly said firmly. "But we'll figure something out, I promise."

Caroline nodded. "How's Alaric."

"Safe, good, he's forced to stay here for the night," Holly smiled ruefully. "I don't know what's happening to him, the ring it stopped working, he isn't healing like he usually does." The girls exited the hospital and Holly waved to Caroline as she went to her own car.

Holly was just about to open her car door when Rebekah stepped forward and snarled. "Drive much?" she pushed Holly against the car door. "You like to act like some innocent goody two shoes, when in reality you and your sister are backstabbing bitches, I'm going to have a thrill ripping your heart open."

"Rebekah, wait-"

Before Holly could explain Elijah pressed Rebekah against the wall. "Leave." Rebekah stepped forward and Elijah raised an eyebrow. "Are you challenging me?"

Rebekah looked at both Holly and Elijah. "You're pathetic, both of you."

"Thanks," Holly said once Rebekah left. "What brought you here? Miss me already?"

Elijah smiled. "Not exactly, we have a little catching up to do."
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
"It was their mother Esther who was sealed in that coffin," Holly explained to the group the following morning as she made coffee. "As is the creepy original witch who made all her children into vampires."

"What?" Damon scoffed. "How is she even alive? I thought her hybrid freak of a son pulled out her heart a thousand years ago."

Holy shook her head as she gave Elena a cup of coffee. "I don't know, according to Elijah she has a few connections in the witching community, she wants to live in peace with Klaus."

Stefan groaned. "She was supposed to be our weapon to kill Klaus. That coffin was the only thing keeping Klaus from ripping us to shreds."

Damon narrowed his eyes. "Anyone else feeling a little use right now?"

"Look, Elijah promised that no one in his family will hurt us," Holly said hoping that she sounded more confident than she actually felt. "And if we can trust anyone is him."

The doorbell rang and Elena went to answered it. She saw that there was a cream colored invitation. "It's an invitation," Elena said as she looked at the group. "Please join the Mikaelson family this evening at seven o'clock for dancing, cocktails, and celebration."

"Who the hell are the Mikaelsons?" Stefan demanded.

"The original family." Elena turned the card around. "There's a note on the back, 'Elena, I think it's time that we finally meet, Esther'"
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
All though she hadn't been officially invited to the ball, Holly decided it would be better to go with Elena, Esther couldn't handle all four of them at the same time, could she? She looked inside her closet and frowned she didn't have anything to wear.