Chapter Seven: Smells Like Teen Spirit

"I don't want to go to school," Holly whined towards Damon as he helped her into her navy blue jacket. "Why am I going again instead of being with you? I mean, it's not like I need high school."

"Well, unless you want Sherriff Forbes knocking down my door, you better go to school," Damon smirked. "Besides you're a senior now, aren't you even the tiniest bit excited."

Holly rolled her eyes playfully. "I'm not Caroline." After a second she said. "Maybe a little."

"Can you two please take the make out session outside please?" Stefan said as he came into the room. "It's getting really tedious."

Before either of them could respond, the doors opened again and this time Rebekah came in holding dozens of shopping bags. "He left me here, my brother actually left me here!"

"Who the hell are you?" Damon demanded.

Holly cleared her throat. "Damon this is Klaus' sister, Rebekah. Rebekah this is-"

"Ah, yes Damon your Romeo and the other Salvatore," Rebekah turned to Stefan. "Which one is my room?"

Stefan laughed. "You're not staying here."

When no one responded she pursed her lips. "Rude all of you, I'll see to it myself." And she left with her bags.

Holly groaned as she grabbed her bag. "Suddenly, school doesn't seem so bad."
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
Holly looked at the campus that was filled with kids, she could feel some of her old excitement coming back to her. She was a senior now, and yes they had a horrible year, but that didn't mean that it had to be horrible.

"We're all here together," Caroline said smiling as they walked towards the entrance. "Me, Bonnie, Elena, and Holly. Senior year."

Bonnie put her hands on her hips. "Anyone else thinks that this should feel slightly more empowering."

Holly snorted. "What were you expecting balloons and confetti?"

"Also maybe roses." Bonnie said with a smile.

"Ok," Caroline said exasperated. "So prank night was a bust, but we are accepting it and we're moving on."

"You're right," Bonnie said with fake enthusiasm. "Why should I let the fact that my boyfriend is seeing his ex-girlfriend hinder this experience?"

"You're right," Holly said sarcastically and made a mental note to speak to Jeremy about the whole Anna-Vicki business, so far he was avoiding her. "And why I should I get freaked out that Klaus' sister is staying and may or may not be trying to spy on me."

"Right," Caroline said with faker cheerfulness. "And why should I let the fact that my boyfriend was turned into a hybrid put a damper on an otherwise fabulous day."

Elena stopped short and spoke up. "Today is our anniversary," she continued. "Technically, Stefan and I meet on the first day of school."

The girls exchanged looks, Holly looked at the bite mark that she had hidden with a scarf. "You sure you want to be here?"

"I have to put it behind me," Elena forced a smile. "New Year, new life."
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
Holly looked around Alaric's old classroom as she entered the room, it had been months since she had been here before she had left with Klaus. It was just like she had remember it, she heard people talking about the bonfire and she wondered if they were going tonight, she honestly just wanted to stay home and catch up to what Damon had been too all summer.