Chapter Nineteen: The Murder of One

"Hey, what's with the secret meeting text?" Matt asked Elena and Caroline as they meet up in the woods. They had all gotten a text from Damon telling them to meet him here at exactly three o' clock.

Elena shrugged. "Stefan just told us to meet them here."

Damon and Stefan at that moment came in holding up a bag. "You're here good."

"Why did you call us?" Matt questioned.

"We found some more white oak stake, long story, wait for the movie." Damon smirked.

Elena brighten. "Does that mean that you have a weapon that could kill Klaus?"

"Nope," Stefan dropped the bag so that they could see the stakes. "We all have a weapon."

"Why isn't Holly here?" Caroline questioned as she looked around for the twin, she knew that Bonnie was still upset that Abby had bailed on her, but why wouldn't Holly show up?

Stefan and Damon exchanged gazes. "We, um decided to keep her out of this one."

"What Stefan is trying to say is that Holly has a bad habit of joining pity parties," Damon told the rest of the group. "We don't need anyone whose going to let their feelings get in the way. So no one tells Holly about any of this, got it? So who wants to practice first?"
*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*
"What's going on between you and Holly?" Alaric asked once Damon and him were back at the Salvatore house looking for a place to hide their own stakes. "She's been kind of quiet."

"Oh, didn't you hear?" Damon said sarcastically as he started opening the drawers. "Apparently she thinks I'm a controlling asshole."

"Well, you are." Ric chuckled. They heard a crash. "What was that?"

"I'll go check it out." Damon said as he started walking up the stairs, only to be stabbed by Rebekah. "Hello, lover. You and I are going to have so much fun together."

"Remind me again why you volunteered to come with me?" Bonnie looked at Holly who was seated beside her in Klaus' extravagant mansion helping her look through spell books. Holly had been with Bonnie when Klaus had come to collect her to unlink the Originals and Holly had insisted on coming along. "Not that I'm complaining, but you know."

Holly shrugged. "I owed you one and I'm here to make sure that Klaus doesn't tear you into little pieces."

Bonnie snorted.

"I don't hear any chanting," Klaus said annoyed as he stepped inside the room. "What is taking so long?"

"I found the spell," Bonnie scowled as she pointed to the inside of the book. "I just don't know if I'm strong enough."

"I'll help her practice," Holly said looking at him. "Just give us a little time-"

"No offense, love, but last time I checked you were a vampire, how exactly are you going to help her?"

"I was a witch before, I can help her." Holly stubbornly shot back. "Just give me a few minutes," she heard a scream through the room. Why did it sound so familiar? "What was that?"

Klaus shrugged. "I wouldn't let it bother you, love."

Bonnie glared at him. "Well, it does bother me, you bother me."