Chapter 1*

A beautiful brunette with brown doe eyes that were filled with annoyance stepped out of the music room to find a group of boys playing basketball

A beautiful brunette with brown doe eyes that were filled with annoyance stepped out of the music room to find a group of boys playing basketball. All she had wanted to do was practice in the music room by playing the piano a bit before she would have to go to the hospital, but it was obvious from the noise that, that wasn't going to happen. "Hey!" She called, her brown eyes narrowed as they all turned at her voice. "Do you guys mind? I'm trying to practice."

Derek eyed the brunette, his lips quirked upward into a smirk. "How do you know we're not trying to practice here too?"

She raised an eyebrow, crossing her arms over her chest. "Yeah, well, see, I was practicing in the music room, and I'm pretty sure basketball practice takes place in the gym."

"Well, I'm pretty sure basketball practice takes place anywhere you got a basketball." His smirk widened, hearing his friends laughing in the background."See?" He bounced the ball up until he was standing in front of her. She scoffed and began to walk away."Wait. Hold on." She stopped walking but didn't turn to face him. "If you can get the ball from me-Maybe I'll stop." She turned around and he began to bounce the basketball around for her to grab. "Come on. It'll be easy." She tried to grab it and missed causing his friends to laugh. "Oops." She tried once more but missed again, he smirked in response as he kept bouncing it.

She got annoyed with him when she realized she wasn't going to get him to stop and walked away, going back into the music room. Derek's smirk dropped when he saw her leaving and his friends kept teased him as they left. He suddenly felt guilty for being a jerk to her and was curious as to know who she was.

☾☾☾☾

The brunette was in the midst of playing the piano when she heard footsteps behind her and stopped playing. "Sorry about that." Derek said apologetically.

She turned her head to see Derek in the doorway with the basketball in his hands. "Whatever." She retorted as she tried to once more play but was interrupted again when he walked further into the room.

"Hey, what's your name?" He asked curiously as he put the basketball on the ground and held back a chuckle when he saw her stop playing with her body tense. He didn't mean to annoy her but he wanted to know who she was.

She sighed in annoyance. "I'm trying to practice, if you didn't notice." She said referring to the piano in front of her. She just wanted him to leave her alone so she could focus.

He nodded as he came to a stop a few feet away from her. "Okay. I'll just leave you alone, then" She was about to hit the note. "After you tell me your name." He smirked in amusement noticing the small twitch the corner of her mouth did.

She exhaled, calming herself. "All right, I'll tell you my name if you can play one instrument in this room." She said, hoping that he wouldn't know how to play anything in the room and finally leave her alone.