Chapter 29

Damien and Mia stared at the piece of paper on the desk in shock. It was a deadpool for supernatural creatures and everyone they knew was on it. But, that wasn't the only surprise they got. They also found out that Scott bit someone a couple nights earlier.

Damien glanced between Mia and Derek who were now having a stare down. He didn't even need to bother trying to smell the emotions rolling off her to know that she was worried about them especially Derek. 

"Well I think I'm gonna go into the kitchen and make some tea. Do either of you guys want any?" He asked awkwardly and neither answered. He nodded to himself as he slowly slipped out the room, giving the couple some privacy.

Scott McCall- 25

Derek Hale- 15

Damien Akiyama- 7

Mia felt her heart ready to burst out of her chest as she stared at the names on the list. She was really starting to believe that they'd never catch a break. It seemed like every time things seem bad they get worse. Especially now that there were professional assassins after the people she loved. Her brown eyes welled up with tears as she continued to stare at the piece of paper.

Derek stared at the woman in front of him that held his heart and could feel his own heart clench when he saw the tear in her eyes. He gently pulled her into his chest as he comforted her. "Hey, it's going to be okay. There's nothing to worry about."

She felt her anger flaring up and pulled away from him. "How can you say that so casually?" She snapped not caring how easily she was getting herself upset. "Did you not notice that a family of wendigo's are already dead. Or did you somehow miss that?"

"I didn't." Derek licked his lips as he tried to reason with her. He was a bit surprised that she snapped at him since she always seemed to be calm. "But, now that we do know we're going to be more careful and know what to look out for."

"That doesn't matter." She muttered still feeling annoyed. "Don't you get that your life is endanger."

"I know that. Why are you so worried about me? It isn't the first time someone's tried to kill me." He said, curiosity in his tone. She wasn't even this worried about him when the alphas were around or at least she didn't show it. Like right now she was visibly ready to cry.

"Because I'm pregnant!" She snapped and he froze in shock

"What?" He whispered under his breath as he tried to process what she said.

She was a bit relieved to tell him but, she was upset that she blurted it out. "I'm pregnant." She repeated as she released a sigh. "3 almost 4 months actually." She added.

"Four months?" He muttered as he stared at her belly that was covered by oversized sweater she was wearing. "But, you don't look..." He trailed off not wanting to say anything wrong.