Chapter 9

Derek struggled to keep himself up with Mia's help. She had yet to say anything to him since she helped him up to his loft. "Derek, I can't-I can't hold you anymore." He slumped to the ground unconscious. "I'm losing you. Derek? Derek." She knelt down beside him as he laid there on the ground and she tried to wake him up.

He was mumbling under his breath as she managed to get him back up and practically dragged the alpha over to his bed. She laid him on his back.

Mia slowly lifted up her shirt and her eyes widened in shock by the huge claw marks on his stomach. "Oh, my God."

"How bad?" He breathed out as he was laying on his back on his bed.

"To be honest, the "oh, my God" would be for your unbelievable physique if it weren't for the fact that you're bleeding black blood." She mumbled with a slight blush on her cheeks before it quickly faded when he closed his eyes. "Derek, please don't die." The brunette let out a sigh of relief when she heard his soft breaths after she checked him. "Not exactly how I imagined our first date." She muttered to herself as she took off his shirt to try and cleaned his wounds.

Somewhere else Scott was with the rest of his friends where they were staying at the Glen Capris. The werewolves were suffering from a certain side effect and were trying to kill themselves. Scott was still suffering from some guilt for not saving Derek and believing it was his fault that he died, not unaware that he wasn't.

Mia was looking out the loft window as she waited patiently for Derek to wake up. She heard movement and turned around to see him sitting up and trying to stand. "Are you sure you want to do that?"

 "Are you sure you want to do that?"

"I have to find the others. They think I'm dead." He stated as he gave up on trying to stand up.

"Well, maybe that's a good thing." He raised an eyebrow at her. "You know how many characters in literature use a false death to their advantage? You ever read Les Mis? Tale of Two Cities? Romeo and Juliet?" She said as she leaned against the windowsill and crossed her arms over her chest.

"They need to know."He said. "Scott needs to know."

"Do you have any idea how bad you look? You're like one giant open wound and as for Scott I already tried to call him, but he isn't picking up." She said and it was the truth. It did worry her that Scott wasn't picking up but she knew that he was a cross country meet so she figured he was just busy. "I left him a voicemail to call me back, so you don't need to worry about him and the others."

He nodded reluctantly. She kneeled down in front of him. "You cleaned me up my wounds." He looked down at the claw marks over his stomach and arm.

She blushed in embarrassment. "Yeah. I would have wrapped them, but you don't have any bandages or any kind of first aid anywhere. I looked." She muttered the last part quietly.

His lip twitched upward a bit when he saw her redden cheeks. "I usually don't need them." His face turned serious. "You shouldn't be here." He didn't want the alphas to hurt her again because of him. He didn't want to lose her again.

She was bit surprised by his sudden shift in emotions. "Why's that?"

"Because everyone around me, everyone gets hurt." He said solemnly looking at her guiltily.

She saw the way he looked at her, knowing that he was referring to what happened 7 years ago. "I've been hurt before."

"I don't want you to. Not again." He said quietly. 

She ignored him and leaned up hesitantly, brushing her lips against his hoping he would get the message that she didn't care. He closed the gap between them both feeling the sparks as they kissed each other slowly.

Derek held Mia as she straddled his hips, careful of his wounds as the kiss intensified. He kissed down her throat drawing out a moan from the brunette who ran her fingers through his hair. 

His lips went back to hers, running his tongue against her bottom lip before she allowed him entry, the two moaned in each others mouths.

 Derek could feel his wounds closing up as he gently laid Mia on her back as they continued to kiss. Soon enough the clothes came off and the two felt each other's soft and rough touches running over the other's bodys.

Being in pain for such a long time, one usually gets used to it and no longer feel it after so long. Only when it disappears one realizes the agony they were in the first place. That's what it felt like for Derek and Mia. The two almost forgot how much it actually hurt to be away from one another after so many years that now kissing and feeling one another was a relief to them. 

They didn't want to be away from one another again after getting that sense of relief back. Derek couldn't help but exhale the three words he longed to say to Mia as they embraced, it made him swell with happiness when he heard her say them back to him.