Chapter 25

"You two should be fine in a couple of hours. Unless whoever shot you manages to find you again." Mia said as she leaned against the table where the twins previously used to hold onto when Mia and Derek cauterize the wolfsbane.

Ethan muttered a quick thank you before he followed behind his brother. "Lydia's with Scott. We need to go." Aiden stated.

Derek raised a brow as he stood next to his girlfriend. "Are you gonna try to convince her to go with you?"

Aiden gave him a pointed look. "I'm gonna try and convince her to run and hide. Like any sane person would do."

"And Danny?" Mia asked looking over at Ethan.

"Allison's dead. Stiles is dying. What do you think?" Ethan retorted.

"I think Danny won't believe you. And Lydia would never run and hide." Derek quipped glancing over at Aiden.

"Because of Stiles?" Aiden asked jealousy evident in his tone.

"Because of Scott." Derek stated. "You've been trying to find a way into his pack. Trying to earn his trust, trying to fight for him. You've had it wrong the whole time. You don't fight for a leader. You fight for a leader's cause."

"What cause?"

"Scott's always been about one thing. Saving his friends. He will do anything and everything to save the people he cares about. When there's no chance of winning, he keeps fighting. When all hope is lost, he finds another way. And when he's beaten down, he stands up again. You want to earn a place in his pack? You want redemption? Find another way to stand and fight."

☾☾☾☾

After his speech Scott called Derek and asked him to bring the wooden box that was used for his mother's claws so they could trap the nogitsune inside. The werewolf agreed and they were all meeting at the school while Mia was planning on going to the hospital since her mother had sent her a message to come to the hospital. They were apparently shorthanded and the doctor that was supposed to be there called in sick. So, she had to go in and Damien had already offered to take her.

"How were they?" Mia asked Damien softly as he drove them to the hospital.

Damien glanced at her before focusing back on driving safely. "When I left Chris was telling them what to say when the police showed up." He had been fighting the oni with Kira when he saw the sword in Allison's stomach. It was then when Scott got there in time to catch her. "She died in his arms." He said quietly.

Mia couldn't help but tense up at that. It was too familiar to what happened to her and Derek. A human girl dying in a werewolfs arms was history repeating herself. She hated that her brother had to lose someone who was so important. She knew they had broken up but, losing your first love hurts.

She knew it all too well. Just because she had been dying in Derek's arms it didn't mean that she didn't feel that aching pain of losing him. Sure she wasn't there after to feel his loss or the guilt right after but, she did feel it when she woke up from her coma. It hurt to know that the person you loved was gone and she honestly never thought she'd see Derek again when she heard about what happened to his family and that he had left town.

She didn't say anything for a while. They got to the hospital only to see the chaos going on. They watched the oni attacking people. "Damn it." She muttered as she and Damien shared a look before going towards the crowd. Mia pulled out her gun while Damien pulled out his sai and the two started to fend off the Oni that noticed them.

The two continued to fight the oni unaware that Melissa was bleeding out just on the other side of the hospital or that the Sheriff Station was also being attack along with the Animal clinic where Deaton was currently at.