Chapter 15

'RING'

'RING'

"Are you going to answer that?" Braeden asked Mia who was driving. She glanced down at the phone that lit up.

Mia sent her side glance as she focused back on driving. "No."

"Who's Raphael?" Her friend asked having seen the name on the phone.

"My father." The brunette muttered tiredly. Braeden raised an eyebrow practically asking her to clarify further. She sighed as she tightened her grip on the steering wheel. "I haven't talked to him in almost ten years since he left. He's been calling me nonstop since he came back a couple of weeks ago. I've been lucky enough to not have run into him."

"So what? You hate him or something?" She asked her friend. It got her a little curious since Mia doesn't seem to be one to hate people or hold grudges for that matter.

"No I don't. I just don't really want to hear his excuse for leaving his family the way he did. Although I can say we did do better without him in our lives." Mia answered her. Her friend hummed in response and Mia pressed on the gas to drive faster ending the conversation. As long as she could avoid her father she would be fine even though she knew the chances of her running into him were higher since he knew where she worked.

☾☾☾☾

Both Derek and Peter were tied up against a fence with electrical wiring attached as they were being electrocuted. They were also both shirtless. Peter turned his head to look at his nephew who was glaring at him."Why are you looking at me like this is my fault?"

"Because it is your fault." Derek deadpanned breathing tiredly.

His uncle nodded once he thought about it

His uncle nodded once he thought about it. "Yeah, you're probably right."

A male hunter grinned as he focused on the dial. "You see this equipment? Very old. The settings are not quite accurate anymore. So it's hard to tell just how far to turn the dial."

"I think it's a little high." Peter muttered as kept getting electrocuted.

"I've seen some crack their teeth. Others, they just shake and shake even after their heart stops. Sometimes we don't even know they're dead." The hunter stood up and stood in front of them. They were breathing heavily and were tired as they healed. "But nobody wants to play a guessing game. So, why don't you just tell us? Where is la loba?"

"We don't know where la loba is." Derek said with a roll of the eyes. He believed they were talking about Cora who he was glad was safe after dropping her off.

"No? Maybe you need a different method of persuasion?" He asked getting more annoyed by the minute. "Maybe we cut one of you in half, the other talks?"

Peter let out a breathy chuckle. "I would love to be there for volunteer, but we really don't know what you're talking about. And honestly, isn't bisecting people with a broad sword a little medieval?"