Chapter 16

After saving Derek and Peter with Braeden's help Mia had to get back to work. It had been hectic since they had gotten back. She had jumped back into work as soon as they got back in Beacon Hills. Although, she knew she had to go back to see Derek and stitch Peter's finger back on. However, she decided to let him be fingerless for one more night while she helped her patients. She was still a bit angry at him for turning her little brother into a werewolf and she will forever hold it against him. So, yeah she was being spiteful. Sue her.

She smiled at her mom who set the pumpkin on the receptionist's desk. She dropped her smile at the sight of her father walking in and the sheriff as well. She had yet to speak to the man and she preferred to keep it that way.

John walked up to Rafael with slight anger in his tone. "Hey. He is not coming in."

"This is the only hospital that will take him." Rafael stated unfazed by the Sheriff's tone.

"What about County?" John asked.

The detective glanced at his daughter and ex-wife as he answered him. "You'd be surprised how fast things fill up when a guy like this needs surgery."

"They turfed him to us?" Mia asked in disbelief keeping her gaze on the Sheriff.

"Yeah." John nodded. "If County doesn't want to operate on him."

"Then someone has to." Rafael muttered. They all turned their heads to the paramedics a few deputies entering with William Barrow the shrapnel bomber tied to the gurney for safety measures. They walked passed them.

"Somebody needs to do his pre-op interview." Melissa said looking at the convict who passed them.

He glanced at his ex-wife. "Who usually does that?"

Mia glanced at her mother worriedly. 

Melissa sighed as she glanced at her daughter and answered, "Me." The two men snapped their heads to look at the nurse in worry.

☾☾☾☾

The brunette tried to focus on the patient in front of her instead of her father who was standing in the doorway who looked like he was contemplating something. She ignored him as she finished giving her patient her check up before walking out the door passing her father.

He cleared his throat catching up to her. "I've been calling you. And I've left messages."

"I know." She muttered walking a bit faster.

Her father stepped in front of her in order to keep her from leaving. "Then why didn't you answer?"

She sighed heavily and crossed her arms over her chest as she glared at him

She sighed heavily and crossed her arms over her chest as she glared at him. "Because then that would mean that I'd actually want to talk to you. Which I don't." She stated.

"Why not?" He asked. He wanted to try and fix his relation with both his kids. He knows he messed up by not being there for them as they grew up. "Look I know I made some mistakes. Especially with I did to Scott but-" He started.