Chapter 13

"Derek, look at me." Stiles slapped the alpha a couple more times trying to wake him up. "Derek? Derek, come on!" The teen made a fist ready to hit Derek in the face but, he grabbed his arm midair.

Derek breathed heavily as he took in surroundings. He was still in the elevator and looked at Stiles. "Where is she?"

Stiles was distraught after seeing his best friend leave, his father taken, and Scott's family taken as well. "Jennifer? Gone with Melissa and Mia."

"She took them?" Derek asked angrily. He couldn't believe that he let Jennifer get away and for her to take Mia made him even angrier.

"Yeah, and if that's not enough of a kick to the balls, Scott left with Deucalion, okay? So we gotta get you out of here. The police are coming right now, and we gotta get you the hell out of here." Stiles rushed as he tried to help Derek up so he could help get him out without being seen.

"Whoa. What about Cora?" The alpha was worried that his sister didn't get out in time since he was knocked out he didn't know.

Derek left the hospital and took his car to find his sister who was supposed to be with Isaac according to Stiles. He drove up to the car she was in and the Argents were there as well. "Where's Scott and Stiles?" Allison asked the alpha.

"Stiles is still at the hospital. He's gonna hold off the cops for us. We have to go right now." He responded as he grabbed Cora out of the car and put her in his. Damien stood next to Isaac as they watched.

"What about Scott and Melissa and Mia?" Argent asked.

Derek closed the door and made his way over to the driver's seat. "Jennifer took Melissa and Mia." The Argents, Damien and Isaac shared a worried look.

Damien clenched his jaw in anger. He was angry that Jennifer had taken his best friend. He should've gone with the McCall women to make sure they were safe. Now he had to find her and that was hard knowing they wouldn't know where to look in the first place.

"What about Scott?" She didn't get an answer and snapped, "Derek, where's Scott?" Derek sighed. He had no choice but, to tell them that Scott ran off with Deucalion.

Derek got back to his loft with Cora and Isaac. His first priority was his sister, who looked like she was dying. He didn't want to lose another family member. As much as he wanted to save Mia, he wouldn't know where to look and Damien said he would keep him informed of any updates.

Cora was letting out heavy breaths, looking really pale. Her eyes were closed as Isaac and Derek watched her. "She's dying, isn't she?"

"I don't know." Derek muttered, keeping his gaze on his sister.

"So what are you gonna do?" Isaac asked.

"I don't know."

"Want to figure something out? Because while Scott and Stiles were out there trying to help people from being killed, you were in here, doing nothing. Do you get how many people she's killed?" Isaac clenched his fist angrily as he continued, "Erica and Boyd are dead, Cora is dying, and you are doing nothing! Why'd you do this to us, Derek? Was it all about the power? Were you bored? Were you lonely?" He looked at Derek trying to understand but, he couldn't.

Derek finally looked at him and his eyes revealed guilt. "Maybe." Isaac begins to make his way to the door. "I told Cora I wouldn't leave. I'll help the others when I figure out how to help her."

"There's no time!" The beta snapped angrily. "The full moon's coming. The sheriff and Melissa and Mia are gonna be dead, so I'm gonna try and help them. You can sit here and perfect the art of doing nothing." He left slamming the door on his way out.