Chapter 8

"I know where they are." Scott announced as he walked into Derek's loft. He had a run in with Deucalion when he was leaving Allison's apartment. The Alpha told him that he lived in the same building and Scott was a bit worried about his ex girlfriends safety.

"Same building as the Argents, we know." Derek looked up from the blueprints.

Boyd looked at Scott as well as he spoke up, "Cora and I followed the twins."

"Then they want you to know." Scott approached them.

"Or, more likely, they don't care." Peter muttered,crossing his arms over his chest.

"What is this?"

"Isn't it obvious? The schemers are scheming, coming up with a coup de main, better known as a pre-emptive strike."

The beta looked at Derek in disbelief. "You're going after them?"

"Tomorrow. And you're gonna help us." Derek stated not leaving any room for argument."They're one floor above them in the penthouse, right above Allison."

"So kill them first, that's the plan?"

"They won't even see it coming." Boyd said standing next to him.

"Why is the default plan always murder? Just once, can someone try to come up with something that doesn't involve killing everyone?" Scott questioned them.

"You never get tired of being so blandly moral, do you? Not that I disagree with him." Peter commented.

"I do. Why do we need this kid?" Cora asked in an annoyed tone.

"This kid helped save your life." Derek defended him. "And you know we can't just sit back and wait for them to make the first move."

Scott scoffed as he looked at the alpha in disbelief. "You can't beat a pack of alphas."

"That's why we're going over Deucalion, just him."

Boyd nodded. "Cut off the head of the snake and the body dies."

Peter looked between both betas and pointed out, "Only this isn't a snake, it's a hydra. And like Scott says, they're all alphas."

"Deucalion's still the leader." Derek crossed his arms over his chest.

"Let's hope so." Peter muttered. "Because you know what happened when Hercules cut off one of the heads of the hydra?"

Scott answered. "Two more grew back in its place."

"Somebody's been doing their summer reading." Peter said sounding amused.

☾☾☾☾

Mia looked at Damian unamused as she crossed her arms over her chest, as he gave her an innocent look. "So. You're not going to say anything?"

He shook his head and shrugged his shoulders. "Nope."

"No? You sure?" He again shook his head and she sighed. "So you weren't going to tell me about the fact that you were training in the living room and broke the vase?" She questioned as she pointed at the broken pieces on the ground.

"What? No. That wasn't me....okay maybe it was, but you have to admit that was an ugly vase. Why did we even own a vase like that in the first place?"

 Why did we even own a vase like that in the first place?"