werewolf

The wolf shook it's head. "Holy shit. No no that um. Not happening. This is not happening." Those eyes though. What are the chances? I know the chances. The mathematical probabilities. This has to be an outlier. An improbable outcome happening. The wolf took a couple steps back and turned around. It swished it's tail and in doing so wrote the letter S in the snow. This is not happening. People don't turn into animals. "I am sleeping or I just lost it. Hey maybe even Selien isn't real." If this is real it's just and elaborate trick. Genetic modification hasn't been tested on humans in this way. "Oh my sister is very real." 

I jumped and turned. There sitting in a tree is Walter and his boyfriend leaning against the trunk of the tree. The wolf growled at them. I sunk into my tree. I would like the wolf to leave now. It is very scary.  "What, calm down sis, we were worried. Most people run and freakout." Jack stated casually like a huge wolf was not mad at him. The wolf moved closer to the ground like it's getting ready to pounce. Well Jack great knowing you. "Which she did. And you doing the giant angry wolf thing is scaring her even more." The wolf glanced at me and froze. Very well trained. This isn't happening. There is no way this is Selien. "Okay um. This is a very weird joke. I have homework. How do I get out of here?" I stand up brushing off the snow. 

This isn't funny and I'm not going to pretend to be okay with this. I'm not gonna play along any more. "Selien she's gonna need human words." Walter said ignoring me. I don't look but I just listen. I hear the bones popping out of place. I feel the goosebumps rising all over my body. I peek. The muzzle of the wolf flattened and stretched as Selien's face was rebuilt. The fur transformed into the clothes she was wearing before. When she lead me in her. And the wolf became my sort of human roommate. I turned to Jack. "How about the nearest cliff? I need to wake up." I really can't deal with this right now.

"Uh please don't." It said. Is it a she? I really don't know but it scares me. I looked at it... her whatever it is. "Okay fine." I turned to the tree and headbutted it. "Fuck!" That hurt. I fell the the ground again. "Why did you do that?" I laid down in the snow waiting for the dream to just fall apart. The Selien character loomed over me blocking out the sun shining in my eyes. I feel dizzy now. I feel something warm and wet on my forehead. I reached to touch it. I didn't even have to cause the smell reached me. "I'm bleeding... this is real?"

"No shit." Selien scooped up some snow turning it into a ball and placed it on the cut after pulling out some splinters. I just laid there. Waiting for the world to stop spinning. "I will tie you up if you try to hurt yourself again." Where is she gonna get the rope? "Is that a promise? Neverminded. So  does it hurt?" Selien looks bewildered. I guess my reaction is a little weird. At least I didn't see a cliff.  Actually a cliff would have at least have been fun. "At first kind of. Then it's just fun. If you do it to quickly though it can hurt." Walter again. Him and Jack were now also sitting next to me. "So you all..." I made a little circle motion with my hand. "Yep." Jack said laying next to me.

"That's cool I guess. So what are you a cat? Walters a coyote?" They all chuckled. It's an honest question. I sat up and the snow on my head fell on to Seliens jacket. I brushed it off before it melted. That would be awkward. "I'm a wolf shifter, Walter baby is a leopard shifter. One of ten in the world." I nodded. I really regret headbutting a tree now. Though least I know this crazy shit is real. Or than nothing is real. Honestly who the fuck cares anymore. "So what is Mrs. Lark? What does she want?" I stood up. A little wobbly but I'll feel better once I move. I think. All three of them hesitated. She's gonna be something really scary. Something real bad. "She is a worshiper of disturbed spirits. She practices black magic. She is a high priestess." A hexing witch. 

"Okay not what I expected. But I did expect to not understand. The witch part I got. What's their deal with the broomstick? " I actually am really lost I hope these um shifter know where to go. Jack started walking and we all followed. Selien is reluctant but she caved, "Well I know it has something to do with drugs in the 17th century, but basically all you need to know is she is dangerous. She has done a lot of illegal magic. Ones that involve actual blood sacrifice. Of a variety of rare magically gifted. Her hexes have done much harm to many people. She killed the real Mrs. Lark ten years ago and has been using the identity to evade capture and is suspected to have many other identities waiting." So basically this is going to suck and my necklace is gone forever.

"Okay. Why are you telling me the truth." They didn't have to do all this. Actually it's very inconvenient I imagine. Letting me know what they are. "Cause it's easier to tell you the truth. It's the best way to protect you." What? No it isn't. I'm not exactly V.I.P. here. No one will care if I disappear. Okay maybe one person. But they could have told me that she was a dangerous killer and that would have been enough. "Okay. That's a lie. But okay." Selien bit the inside of her cheek. I guess that's a tell.

"It's just going to be safer and easier in the long run." I know it isn't. I know cause it doesn't matter what's safer and easier. Not with a secret like this.