Chapter 14

I jumped out of the car as Will dropped me off. It was lunch, I noticed Avery sitting by his friends under a tree in the court yard. He looked up and our eyes met. I couldn't stop the smile from spreading on my face, I was too happy.

He got up and smiled at me as he walked to me, me half being excited and half crazy, deiced it wasn't good enough and I ran to him. His arms opened for me as I flew into them, I laughed as my feet were no longer toughing the ground but spinning behind me.
“We did it!” I screamed.

“So I helped?”
I nodded and laughed, “You did. Thank you, thank you so much!” I hugged him tighter and he squeezed back. I looked up at him and he was smirking. The intensity of his stare made me weak at the knees and I leaned into him. He laughed shaking me and well aware of the fact that I was blushing madly.

“You're welcome. And you're cute when you blush.” Of coarse I blushed a deeper red and looked away. He just laughed.

I felt his warm breath on my forehead and my head jerked up and his mouth moved to my nose. He smiled and went lower so he was just above my lips. My breathing hitched in anticipation and I let out a shaky breath. I felt him laugh and quickly pulled away.

To say I was disappointed was an understatement. I suddenly felt the need to press my lips to his, to feel his warm soft lips move with mine.

He wrapped a arm around my waist and led me inside. I didn't realize that the bell had rung. He stood by my locker and smirked as he waited for me to grab my books. It irradiated me that he had this effect over me, I just wanted to hate him. But he helped get my family back, not to mention that little moment a few minutes ago. The worst part was he knew it now and could use it against me too. I sighed and shut my locker and faced his honey colored eyes. I melted and the anger I felt for him a moment ago flew away.

This time I heard the bell and rushed to my class, he stopped me before I got to the door and pulled me to his chest, “You're beautiful.” He told me before placing his soft lips on my forehead. I blushed and he turned to walk away. I regulated my breathing before entering my Calculus class.

~~***~~

“Angel.” Jeff called down the hall, I smiled and turned to him. “where were you today? I waited for you but you, you know weren't here.”

I laughed, “I got caught up in something today, sorry but it was really sweet of you to wait for me.”

He blushed and ran his fingers through his hair and smiled, “So you want a ride home?”
I stopped, “No. I mean my brother, he didn't work today so he's going too.”

“Alright maybe tomorrow.” he winked at me before walking away.

I sighed in relief. I didn't want to tell him about my family or where I lived. I didn't want to be embarrassed again.

I hopped into Will's green car where he said he would be waiting. He was still smiling from this morning and I couldn't blame him this is the happiest I've felt in a long time. We stopped at a fast food place with the extra money we had left and we bought tons of things, way more than we could eat but it was okay because we just put it in the fridge for a later dinner.

I tossed and turned all night, next Friday couldn't come soon enough. I wasn't going to get any sleep until then. I looked over at the two empty beds and imaged them with them in them. I smiled and drifted off to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

YAH! :P