Chapter 44

I looked around as I slowly closed my locker, it’s been a day and a half since I’ve seen him. I missed him, a lot. “Hey.” Zac said from beside me.

“Hey.” I smiled slightly at him as tears threatened.

“I think you should see him.” he whispered seeing me on the verge of breaking down.

“I don’t think he would want me too..” I trailed off, “he seemed pretty mad.”

He didn’t comment on that but gave me a sad smile before leading me away to our class.

It was lunch and I lazily walked down the hall making my way outside. It was pouring but I didn’t care, if anything it made it better. The teardrops could blend in with the rain, the gloomy weather was a direct reflection of my mood.

The rain came down and I pulled up my hood hiding my face as I walked away from the school. I just walked and the rain got harder. I was soaked when I heard it.

“What the hell are you doing?” his sweet voice rang through. My heart skipped and I spun around. As I looked at him, his brown hair was darker as it was soaked in the rain, I felt tears run down my face just looking at him. “Are you trying to get sick?”

I shook my head unable to speak to him.

He came closer to me never taking his eyes from mine. He reached out and place a hand behind my neck pulling me to him.

It was like I got struck by a lightning bolt, I froze my mind going blank. I just stood there while he kissed me, when I didn’t kiss back he pulled away his eyes wide and full of pain. It took me a moment to realize I was the reason.

He turned around and before he took a step I pulled on his arm to stop him. He turned back to me surprise written all over his face. My heart jumped as I stood up on my tippy toes to crush my lips to his. Again I was struck with this bolt of electricity and passion, but instead of being surprised by it I embraced it. He was still in shock but soon he kissed me back, it was even better when we both kissed.We moved in perfect time and he was gentle.

Before I wanted he pulled away and stared at me.

“Avery,” I whispered.

“I’m sorry.” He told me still looking into my eyes, “I uh got jealous..” He blushed.

I smiled as I moved my eyes down trying to hide my happiness I felt in that moment.

“Do you forgive me?” He asked quietly.

My head snapped up and our eyes met, they were swimming with pain, regret, and worry.

I didn’t answer him, I pressed my lips lightly to his. I smiled when my feet landed back on the wet pavement. “Of course.”

He smiled and felt him touch my neck grabbing the chain lightly. His eyes lit up and he laughed, “You like it?”

I gaped at him at a loss for words, “You...”

“Of course it was me, who else was with you?” He smirked, “Did you think that old man bought it for you?”

“No. I guess...I don’t know.”

“So do you like it?”

“No.” I shook my head.

“No?” He asked shocked.

“uh-huh.”

“But that... he said...I thought...” He sputtered freaking out.

“Avery.” I grabbed his face making him stop and look at me. “I don’t like it, I love it.”

He smiled crazily and glared at me at the same time, I don’t know how but he did.

“You’re evil.”

I shrugged smiling, “I try to be.” and suddenly I was laughing uncontrollably, “No! Avery stop!”

“Say you’re sorry, I was freaking out.”

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry.” I managed as I continued to laugh.

“Fine.” He smirked and stopped tickling me.

“Haha, you fell for it.” I pointed laughing as I ran away from him. “I’m not sorry.” I sang.

I heard his laughter and felt his arm snake around my waist. Damn he was fast. I squealed when he lifted me off the ground and pulled me into his chest. “Don’t run from me.” He growled in my ear and I smiled.

“Won’t happen again.” I told him and he chuckled.

******************************************

I Really like this chapter!<3 What about you?!