Chapter 48

It was hours later and the sun was beginning to set when Aden and Will traveled back to me. “Are we done here?” Will asked.

“Are you not having fun?” I asked, the group of girls kept sending me glares as the watched my brother.

“Come on I’m way over this. I thought it would be done by now?” He complained.

“Me too, but they wouldn’t let me leave.” I told him pointing to my group of friends, who kept sneaking glances at me. I sighed, “I can find a ride home if you want to leave.”

“Really?” He asked relieved.

I laughed, “Yeah but you have to take Rosie and Lux because she spending the night at our house.”

“Fine.” He said, “Just go make sure you can get a ride with someone and I’ll go find the girls.”

“Okay.” I told him walking up to Molly. “Hey Molly can you give me a ride home?”

“Now?” She asked panicked.

I shook my head, still not understand why they were so worried about me leaving.

“No but later, my brothers leaving with the car.”

She laughed, “Of course.”

“Great, I have to go tell him.”

“Hey!” Ryder called over the music that suddenly turned up louder as the sun disappeared and the lights that hung down turned on. “Don’t leave got it.”

I nodded but rolled my eyes, turning around and almost crashing into Aden. “Sorry Ade. Lets find Will and Rosie.” I told him grabbing his hand leading him through the crowd. There were mostly teenagers that I noticed went to my school, all of the families left hours ago.

“There you are!” Will grabbed my other hand pulling me out of the crowd and into the less crowded house as we made our way out and into the front yard.

“So you are sure someone is going to drive you home?” Will asked for the millionth time while I bucked in Lux and he buckled in Rosie as Aden sat in the middle watching us carefully. I was surprised at first that Aden was going with Will but I figured he wanted to keep an eye on Rosie and protect her.

“Yeah don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine.” I told him shutting the door and walking back up the sidewalk to the house when I turned around,  “Don’t forget to go to the grocery store.”

He waved at him as he opened the door to the car, “See you at home.”

I was dancing with Molly and Ryder when the music cut off and everyone stopped looking around for a reason their fun was cut short.

“Ahem.” A voice said into the microphone and my heart beat picked up while a smile spread acoss my face. I spun around wildly as I looked for him everything but the thought of him slipped my mind. “I want to thank all of you for coming.” He stepped out onto the porch where the sound booth was and looked around at everyone.

Once he found me our eyes locked and everything else faded away and he smiled crazily that I’m sure was identical to mine. “I want to thank a special someone for being here.” I blushed my face heating up as he made his way across the lawn closer to me, “even though you’ve been through so much and you had every right to give up on me, you didn’t.”

I shook my head at him breaking eye contact as tears threatened at the corner of my eyes but I was still smiling as he placed a hand under my chin to pull my face to him. “You’re one of the strongest people I’ve ever met,” I laughed and his smile widened, “you’re beautiful, funny, and perfect.”
Tears ran down my cheeks and I laughed to show I was happy and not sad. I mean honestly who would be sad at a moment like this?

“Avery.” I whispered as he leaned his forehead on mine.

“Val there’s something else.” he said suddenly nervous stepping away from me.

“What?” I asked scared at what he was going to say, but butterflies filled my stomach as I saw his lips move.

“I love you.” He whispered into the microphone.

My heart stopped, I was frozen only for a moment as I noticed his smile falter while I stared at him when I threw myself at him wrapping my arms around his neck and crushing my lips to his. I felt him smile as he wrapped his arms around my waist and kiss me back.

I was barely aware that there was clapping and a very loud, “Get a room!” from Ryder that everyone laughed making us pull away.

I stared into his eyes and whispered, “I love you too.”

“I couldn’t tell.” he smirked but pressed his lips to my forehead, “I think we should take up that offer of Ryder’s.”

“Avery!” I smacked him on the chest and he laughed squeezing me tighter into his chest.

“Don’t worry I was kidding, kinda.” I shook my head but smiled at this perfect moment, “I’d wait forever for you.” he whispered.