Chapter 16

“There you are,” Jeff said from behind me.

I jumped and spun around, “You scared me.” I laughed.

He laughed with me, “Sorry. So you busy?”

“No?” I questioned slowly.

“Good.” He smiled grabbing my hand pulling me away.

“What are we doing? We have school.” I laughed as he opened his car door for me.

“Trust me?” He asked raising his eyebrow. I looked back to make sure no one was looking, I sighed looking at him leaning my head to the side. He looked worried and tense.

“Sexy God,” I shook my head he looked down defeated. I took a step forward smiling. I put my hand on his face and he looked up into my eyes. “I trust you.”

He smiled and he looked so happy and I felt just as happy as he did.

~~**~~

“Okay I trust you and everything but....”

“But?” He laughed looking over at me.

“Where are we going?” I asked jumping a little in my seat.

“Its a surprise.” what is it with these boys and surprises?

“Fine.” I grumbled. “would you give me a hint?” I asked innocently.

He smiled, “Angel, it has to do with...” he trailed off.

“What?!” I practically screamed. He just shook his head and laughed.

“we're here.” He told me pulling into a parking spot.

“Where is here?” I asked, it looked like a lot of trees. He got out of the car and came to open my door. “Are you going to kill me?” I asked looking around, no one was here.

“Come on, would I kill my Angel?” he asked grabbing my hand.

I shrugged, “How would I know?” Although it was totally sketchy I wasn't scared holding his hand. He led me to a path, “Leading me to my doom?” I asked as we went deeper into the wooded area.

“Angel, I'm not going to kill you...yet.” He said.

“YET!?” I screamed.

He laughed. “Don't worry it was a joke.”

“Don't do that.” I smacked his arm but I smiled as he pulled me closer.

“Laughter Angel, is good.” He told me.

“Hardy har har. Seriously I'm hungry, you made me skip lunch.”

He laughed, “Glad your hungry,” he said breaking through the trees into a bright place surrounded by trees with tons of wildflowers, of all colors. It was absolutely beautiful. In the center was a blanket and a basket. “Cause I made this for us.” he squeezed my hand. “Do you like it?”

My mouth was hanging open, in shock I can't believe this. “Like it?” I questioned, I stood in front of him and looked up into his eyes. “I love it Jeff, its perfect.”

He smiled and pulled me into a hug. My face pressed into his chest, he smelled so good. I found myself sniffing him and I felt him shake in laughter.

“Lets eat.” he said and led us over to the blanket. I sat down and he started taking things from the basket.

~~**~~

We ate sandwiches and chips. I laid back on the blanket and he laid down next to me, our arms touching. I smiled closing my eyes feeling the warmth of the sun on my face.

“You're beautiful you know.” He whispered beside me.

I smiled and felt my face heat up, and not from the sun.

He shifted next to me and I opened my eyes to see him hovering over me.

I smiled as the sun flowed around him making him look like he was glowing. He leaned in and I felt his hot breath on my lips and the parted and I felt my heart beat stutter. Our lips connected and immediately my hands went to his hair and he stroked my face with one hand while holding his weight off me with the other.

After a moment he pulled away, his voice ragged, “You're perfect.” I smiled and brought his lips back down to mine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:) Do you like it?