Chapter 43

Avery’s POV

I slammed down on the breaks as I pulled into my driveway. Why was I so angry? She kissed me in front of that guy! The same one who made her cry yesterday, the very same one who kept looking at her lustfully. I couldn’t tell how she felt about him but the moment her lips touched my cheek I knew, she wanted him jealous. Why? I don’t know, nor do I care all I know is she just used me.

I jumped out of the car and ran inside. Why was I actually falling for her? She meant alot to me and now she’s just using me to make him jealous. I paced my room turning on my music as it blared through the speakers.
My phone started ringing and I dug in my pockets. Taking it out I glanced at the caller Id, it was Ryder.

“What.” I growled into the phone.

“Hey, what's up with you and why is Valarie not here? Are you guys doing- oh that’s why you’re angry I interrupted.. sorry bro.”

“That's not why I’m angry and I have no Freakin clue were Valarie is.” I told him. She’s probably with that guy making out in a closet somewhere.

“Why are you mad then?”

“Forget it.” I mumbled as I opened the can of beer that sat unopened since Valarie told me not to drink anymore, I let her affect me too much.

“Avery don’t drink, you know what it does to you.” He told me quietly.

“Whatever, it doesn’t matter anymore.”

“Seriously what's up with you?”

“Nothing, look I gotta go.”

“Avery--” He screamed as I hung up on him. I fell back onto the bed looking through my contacts until I landed on one, I hit send and the phone began ringing.

“Avery, long time no see..” the sickly sweet voice greeted me.

Valarie’s POV

I pushed people out of the way as I tried to keep up with him. Who knew he was so fast?

“Vals? Wait...” Zac yelled behind me but I just pushed through the people even more rougly earning myself some glares and not so nice words.

“Sorry. Excuse me. Please move.” I said as I made my way through the hall and finally pushed open the doors to the outside. “Avery!” I yelled as his car pulled out squeeling away. He’s really pissed at me. Tears escaped my eyes and I quickly wiped them away with the back of my hand.

“Vals.” Zac said a little out of breath, I felt him place his arm on my shoulder.

“How many time do I have to tell you!” I screamed at him as I turned on my heel to face him. “Don’t. Touch. Me.”

“Okay, look...” He said bringing his arms up so they were out in front of him, “I won’t touch you.”

My vision became blurry as the tears filled my eyes while I tried holding them back.

“Val, come on.” He whispered asking me with his eyes to follow him.

I shook my head, “I need Avery. I need to see him.”

“Just let him cool off, come on you don’t want to cry in front of all these people do you?” He tried again. I shook my head but remained silent. “Come with me.”

I followed him to his car where he helped me in before going to his side and driving down the road.

I really messed up big time. Avery meant the world to me and I missed him already, plus the fact that he was angry with me made it hurt even worse.

Zac pulled into an empty parking lot. He shut off his car and turned to face me,

“Valarie.” He whispered while reaching out he held my face, I leaned into his hand wanting to be comforted but not by him, by Avery.  

Tears rolled down my cheeks, and I sniffled looking up at Zac. He was a lot closer to me than I thought and his eyes met mine. Before I could push him away of yell at him he leaned in closer so he was hovering right above my lips. My breath came out shakey as he gently pressed his warm lips to my forehead and wrapped his arms around me pulling me onto his lap.

“Do you really love him?” He asked as I sobbed into his neck.

“I really do.” I whispered back.

********************************************

Well what do you think?:)