Chapter 24

Jeff pulled me out of the house shortly after, “Jeff its not nearly over.” I told him. He glared at me shaking his head.

“Do you want a ride or not?” He let go of my hand and stared at me.

“I-I...” I stuttered. Why was he so mad?
“Whatever. I'm leaving, get a ride with someone else.” He told me slamming his car door and sped away. The tears spilled down my face, what happened? I must have done something wrong, I mean why else would he be mad at me? I looked around at the dark road, I was alone and decided not to go back to the party, I was going to walk to Jeff's house get my car and head home.

I was yanked back by a hand that gripped my wrist pulling me to the chest.

“You can party with me..” The guy said words slurred and I could smell the alcohol on him.

“No thank you.” I told him trying to push him away with my free hand but he caught it and closed his hand around the two of them. His free hand caressed my face and I squirmed.

“You can scream all you want everyone's to drunk to help you.” He told me confidently. I stared into his dark eyes, trying to think if I knew him from school or not.

His cold fingers brushed my lips and I let out a sob, I felt dirty and helpless. I screamed loudly before he crashed his lips to mine, stopping my scream short. I tightly pressed my lips together and I was pushed up against something hard, a tree? His kiss was hard trying to open my mouth, I tried pushing him away with my shoulders but he was to strong.

Suddenly he was gone, I opened my eyes and there was Avery, he was punching him while a string of curse words were being said. They guy fell to the ground moaning.

“Don't ever touch her again.” Avery told him, threatening, “Got it?” The guy on the ground nodded sheepishly and groaned getting up and stumbling away. He turned to me, “Valarie, are you okay? Did he hurt you?” he asked concern clear in his voice and on his face. The tears were coming down my cheeks more now then ever. “Val?”

I ran to him and he throw his arms around me engulfing me in a tight embrace. He saved me, if he didn't show up I don't know what would have happened. “Lets go.” He said pulling me along with him. I nodded into his chest and walked beside him. He helped me into the passengers seat and went around to get into his seat.

I was still crying and shaking, thinking of everything. Jeff was mad at me for something that I don't even know. That guy tried to force himself on me, and I couldn't imagine what would have happen if Avery didn't show up. Warm fingers touched my cheek whipping away the tears. I tried to stop the tears from spilling but no matter how hard I tried I couldn't, they just kept coming. Avery held me in his arms for I don't know how long but I finally let up and pushed myself away from him.

You're pathetic, kept running in my mind. Don't let him see you cry. I sniffled and whipped my tears away. I took a deep breath and turned to him.

My heart stopped when I looked into his honey eye, why was I crying in front of him? Now he knows you're weak, way to go Val.

“Are you okay? Did he hurt you?” He asked reaching out to caress my face. Unlike the touch of the drunk guy, his was warm and burned my skin in a good way, it send butterflies in my stomach.

I shook my head, “I'm fine.” I croaked, my throat was dry from crying. I cleared my it, “I just want to go home.”

He nodded and took his hand away I missed his touch and craved it. His hand was limply by his side, so I took it, intertwining our fingers. He looked over at me, questioningly, but I saw the spark in his eye and smiled.

“Valarie, I can't.” he said pulling his hand out of mine and continued driving.

“Why?” I asked confused and hurt.

“You're just vulnerable and you're with my brother, no matter how much I don't like him, I can't do that to him.” he told me as he parked his car in his driveway.

I nodded, “right, I-I got to go..” I said holding back tears. He didn't want me and he just so happened to have a great excuse to letting me down easy, I was dating his brother or I was vulnerable after a traumatic experience, I was looking for someone to care for me.

I got into my car and drove home, ignoring Avery's stare as he said good bye.

************************************************************************

Hope you like! :)