Chapter 42

After dropping of Aden and Rosie the following morning, I told Will I would be taking Rosie and Aden on a playdate.

“That’d be nice for them.” He smiled pulling up to the school.

“I know, I’m surprised at how fast Rose made friends.”

“It’s easier to make friends when you’re younger.” He shrugged, “But you made friends too right?”

I laughed, “Yeah I did.”

“Good.” He chuckled, “Have a good day, Val.”

“Thanks and you too.” I smiled jumping out of the car.

I made my way to my locker sending smiles to everyone I passed which they returned. This school was starting to grow on me.

“Hey Vals.” A voice sounded from behind me, I could hear the smirk plain in his voice. I froze for a moment before I turned around to glare at him.

“Zac.” I nodded in his direction and his smile widened.

“Come on, are you going to be nice to me today? I do have to follow you around all day.”

I rolled my eyes, “Why do you want me to show you around?”

“I don’t know anyone else.” He shrugged leaning on the lockers.

I looked over at him, his blond hair swept to the side, dressed in all black like usual and his deep blue eyes holding mine. “I’m sorry.” He whispered quietly.

“Hey Valarie,” Jeff said as he opened his locker, “My brothers looking for you.”

I broke eye contact with Zac and turned to look at him, he was smiling widely at me.

“Why are you so happy?”

“Eh,” he shrugged, “Kendra might be moving back. Look I know what I did hurt you a lot and I’m sorry and I know I had no right telling Avery to back off from you. I’ve never seen him this happy. You guys look good together, I don’t want to stand in your way.”

I had tears in my eyes as I looked at him, before I could stop myself I flew my arms around him and he laughed as he hugged back. As stupid as it sounded all I wanted was Jeff to be okay with me liking Avery, he was the first friend I made here and that made him special.

“Jeff!” Kendra yelled through the hall, he pushed me away lightly before turning around and engulfing her into a hug and a huge smile on his face.

Even with this the girl he cheated on me with I didn’t feel hurt or anything I was just happy for him. All the while I was dating Jeff I couldn’t stop thinking about Avery and that made me feel extremely bad. Don’t get me wrong it hurt like hell when he did it but I couldn’t really blame him, I was practically drooling over Avery to notice that he like Kendra.

“There you are.” Avery smiled down at me and looked up at Jeff and Kendra now making out in the middle of the hallway. “Get a room.” He called out and everyone in the hallway look over at them while they jumped apart. Jeff took Kendra’s hand and they went down the hall quickly opening the doors to the outside.

I laughed looking up at Avery, who was looking above me. I turned around and noticed Zac was closer to me than before. I rolled my eyes, “Avery this is Zac, Zac Avery.” I gestured between them.

Avery glared at Zac pulling me close to him by the waist and I leaned into him breathing in his scent. A smile spread across my face as I looked up at Avery and kissed him on his cheek. He looked down at me shocked before pushing me away and strutting down the hall without a glance back.

Tears filled my eyes as I watched him get lost in the crowd, what happened?

****************************

Short but I had to stop her because the next part will be in Avery's POV...:)