{034}

Three years later~

(Minji's pov)
"Come here, Jeongsan!" I call my son as he runs to me from the kitchen into the living room where I'm sitting.

"Mommy, it starts, it starts!" He screams with a giggle as I set him on my lap. The tv starts playing the award show live as different kpop bands preform and win all different kinds of awards. I think this one is called "M-countdown", and it's apparently really big if you win something there.

The screen shows the members of different bands sitting at their assigned spots. As the tv shows bts, I hear Jeongsan scream "It's Jungkoo!".

As he's gotten older, I've taught him about Jungkook oppa, and the rest of bts, how I used to work with them, but I haven't mentioned that Jungkook is his father, because he won't understand it all. All he really understands is Jimin is his big uncle. Jimin and Jeong enjoy talking over video chat, he really likes Jimin.

"Mommy, look how strong!" He runs to the screan and points at Jungkook.

I chuckle at his cute remark.

"Yes, Jeongsan, he is very strong." I giggle once again. He's so drawn to Jeonggukie, it's really crazy. I think he senses that I love him. Or maybe he can just tell how amazing he is; just like I did.

"Okay, come sit, Jeon. They're gonna say who won and who lost." I tap my lap as he runs and sits as I've said to do.

"She said family won first place!" I translate what the young lady says, because Jeongsan hasn't learned Korean fluently yet. He's only three years old, so he's still learning English. I call bts "family" because he seems to understand that better than saying "friends" or "bts". Believe me, I've tried.

"Yay!! Go familily!!" He shouts and claps as he bounces on the couch.

"Okay, okay, come sit. They're going on stage to say 'thank you' to us!"

As the boys walk up to the stage, they each thank us, Namjoon doing so in English, as the others take the trophy, and wait for Namjoon to finish. Ah, they are amazing. I miss them so much, but since they're so active on social media and such, I feel like I'm still there with them. Maybe that's why their fans love them so much; because they feel included, and they feel as if they are there with them. As if they know them personally. It's amazing.

"Mommy, what he say?" He point at Namjoon. I guess Namjoon's accent is too strong for him to understand.

"He said he loves you, and he will work even harder for you now."

As I say those words, the smile of pure joy on Jeongsan's face makes me so happy.

"He loves me?!" He explains.

"Yes sir, he loves you." I chuckle at Jeon. His laugh and smile reminds me of Jeongguk.

I love when he laughs and smiles.

"Okay, I said you could watch the first part before school. It's time to go now." I call his daycare "school" because he thinks he's too old for daycare.

"Mommy, I don't want to! Family is still playing!"

"Come on, we had a deal, Joon." I call him by his middle name when I'm being serious with him, so he knows it's not a joke.

He sighs, and lifts his arms for me to pick him up. I grab my bag and keys, and walk out to the car. As I put Jeon in his car seat, I hear the mailman come by.

"Yumi Park?" She holds a box.

"Ah, yes, that's me!" I shut Jeon's door, and walk to the woman in the car.

"Ah, thank you, ma'am."

"Hey, Do I know you?" She asks as she try's to pay closer attention to my features.

"Oh, no, I'm sorry. We've never formally met.."

"Ah! I know you! Aren't you Shyn Minji? That's weird, I thought she was dead.."

Ugh people can't ever forget a face, can they? Ever since Jungkook introduced me formally to the public as his "dead" girlfriend, they can't let it go.

"Oh, no, I'm sorry. I've been told I look like her, but no. My name is Park Yumi."

"Oh, well have a good one, Yumi!"

"Thank you, ma'am!" I turn around and leave before she can ask anymore questions.

I get in the car, and take Jeon to his daycare.

.+.+.+.+.+.+.

After Jeon was dropped off, I went to work at the local hospital, where I work as a nurse. A few hours of hard work helping patients and doctors with whatever they need.

It hits 12:30, and I'm in the brake room to eat my lunch. As I'm eating and watching the news on the tv in the room.

As the words pop up on the screen, I drop my spoon in my tomato soup as I'm shocked, and I try not to believe my eyes, but as I take my vibrating phone out of my pocket, check the caller ID, and see Jimin's name on he screen, I hope and pray he isn't about to inform me what this tv just has.

"H-hello?"
My hands and voice shake, as the fear fills my mind and soul.

"Minji, it's Jungkook—"

No, please no.

"Car crash"

Stop, you can't do this to me.

"Hurt"

No

"Alive, barely."

Please stop this.

My shaking hands drop my phone as the tears fill my eyes and demand to be let free. This can't be happening. Jeongsan, he won't meet his father. Jungkook, he won't meet his son.
__________________________________