The Art of Courting- Prologue

Hey guys, I'm starting off with a new story!! It's called The Art of Courting, and it's going be a bit of a feelgood romance. Again, if you have any questions go to my FAQ page and ask me there!

This prologue is dedicated to shotgunsinner, one of my absolute favourite authors on here. She's written one of the best Draco Malfoy fanfics EVER (but it might not be suitable for some of you, some sexual themes and course language. Just a warning) and another book I love called Of Love and Hate You Were My Greatest Mistake. So, check her out!! Thanks!!

Love, Twix

PROLOGUE

THE BUBBLY REDHEAD BLABBERED ON shamelessly to the blonde- who wasn't even paying attention. Chelsea O'Hara cringed internally when the redhead, who happened to be one of her best friends, turned to her after she realized the blonde, Danielle, wasn't paying any attention.

“You think I'm right, don't you Chels?” she demanded. Chelsea sent her a soft smile.

“Of course, May.” What are you right about?

“See Dani! You should totally ask him out!” Oh.. This again.

They were talking about Jay Frost, Danielle's crush since grade school. He was actually a pretty nice guy and Chelsea was a friends with his twin sister, Jordan, but she didn't really know him well. What she did know, though, was his dating history. It wasn't exactly good.

“I don't think I can!” Dani complained. “Every time I go near him I freeze up, like a fricking popsicle stick!”

“You can do it!” May coached. “We'll be with you the whole time- right Chels?”

“Uh huh.”

“We'd never let you made a fool out of yourself! Right Chels?”

“Uh huh.”

“See? You have our full support!”

Dani frowned at them before turning to Chelsea. “You're the rational one, C. What do you think?”

“Depends,” she drawled in reply. “Do you want the mushy cliché reply or the what I really believe? Choose wisely.”

“Just give it to me straight. Like ripping off a band aid.”

“Jay's a bit eccentric and mischievous, but if you think you can handle him go for it. Though, every other girlfriend he's had has been left heart-broken in the long run. Plus he's a year older than us and won't be in any of your classes, so you won't be able to tell what he gets up to in them-”

“Yeah, but you could help her with that!” May interrupted. “You're taking practically all junior classes this semester!”

“True,” Chelsea agreed thoughtfully. “Fine. Ask him out.”

“Aren't you guys forgetting something?” Dani asked with a slightly sad smile.

“No...?

“He has to say yes first!”

May's face fell and Chelsea rolled her eyes. “Honestly, Dani, a doubt that any boy would say no to you. You're too pretty for your own good.”

“Really?” She shot her a hopeful look before blushing at something behind May. “Oh my gosh, he's here!

“WHAT?” the redhead shouted loudly, spinning around in her chair and searching the small coffee shop excitedly.

May!” Dani practically screamed and Chelsea held back a snigger as her friend spun around guiltily.