Family Emergency

(Tina's brother in the mm)

(Tina's POV)

After I text Asia and told her I had to go home for a family emergency, I went into my room to change in some comfortable clothes then went back into my little brother, Mekhi, who is only 4 years old to bring him downstairs to make him some chicken noodle soup.

(Tina's Clothes)

https://s-media-cache-ak0

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/39/69/1e/39691e6cfd1178434802df3de97aa63c.jpg

"How you doing baby bro?" I said running my hand through his curly hair.

"Otay. My tummyy still hurtting." Opening his little pretty eyes that he get from my daddy.

"Awwwww, my poor baby. I'm going to go make you some chicken noodle soup. Come on, let's go downstairs so we can make some soup." I said picking him up and walking downstairs.
I
"Yeaahhhh. I liike chiekdn noddle soup." Said with a cute smile.

"I know you do." I said putting him on the couch and turning on Spongebob since it's his favorite show.

I walk into the kitchen and went to the cabinets to try and find the ingredients for my momma's famous chicken noodle soup. Once I had all the ingredients, I begin to cook.

After about 10 minutes later, I grab Mekhi's bowl and walk into the kitchen.

"Here you go. Be careful it's hot." I said sitting him at the table and placing his bowl in front of him.

"Thznks ypu."

"You want me to help you?"

"Yes, please." He said giving me his spoon to feed him.

After he was done eating, I let him go back into the living room to finish watching TV while I fix my bowl of soup and then wash the dishes. While eating, I felt my phone vibrate inside my sweatpants pocket.

I pull out my iPhone 6 Plus out
my pocket to see I had a text from an unknown number.

(Unknown: Bold/ Tina: Italics)

(Text Conversation)

" Hello Tina"

"Who's this"

"Laurent. Asia gave me your number. Is everything okay?"

(Laurent: Bold/ Tina: Italics)

"Yeah. My little brother have the stomach flu, so I had to come back home because my momma had to go back to work"

"Awwwww, how's he doing?"

"He's okay. I just gave him some of my momma famous chicken noodle soup."

"Awww okay. I was just making sure you're okay. I thought something bad happen to you."

"No, but thanks for checking up on me."

"No problem. Me and mom frère going to dance. Talk to you soon."

"Okay."

(End of conversations)

After my conversation with Laurent, someone was knocking at my front door. I look over at Mekhi on the couch to see he was knock out sleep.

"My poor baby" I said to myself while walking to the door.

I look through the peek hole to see my best friend. I open the and move to the side to let her in.

"Hey best frie-

"Shhhhhhhhhh" I said.

"What?"

I pointed to Mekhi on the couch.

"Ohhhh, may bad. What's wrong with my baby? She said walking over to him quietly, bend down, and ran her fingers through his thick, soft hair.

"He have a stomach flu. That why I had to come home early." I said pulling the blanket up to his chest and putting her bear in between his arms.

"Awwwwww, my poor little baby." She said going into the kitchen.

I follow behind her, got her a bowl of soup, got her something to drink and handed it to her.

"Thank you." She said.

"You welcome. So, everything good happen at school after I left?" I said drinking my kool-aid.

"Well, Amiyah basically embarrassed me in front of the whole school."

"Do I need to beat her ass again like I did in 6th grade."

"No, Larry surprising came and shamed her ass out so, he basically took your spot. And me and him skip last block together." She said, but she that last part a little low so, I couldn't hear her.

"What was that last part?" I said teasing her.

"Me and Larry skip last block and went to the park then got some ice cream." She said a little louder.

"As a date?" I said lifting my eyebrows.

"No. You're so nasty." She said pushing me a little.

"So, what was it?"

"Just 2 friends hanging out at the park, getting some ice cream and getting to know each other better. That's it, nothing else happen and if it did I would have told you." She said while looking me straight in my eyes, which means she's telling the true.

"I believe. But can I ask you something?" I said.

"Sure. What's up?"

"How did Laurent get my number?"

"Oh, he ask me where you were in the hall and I told him you had to go home for a family emergency. So, he ask me for your number and I gave it to him. You're not mad at me or you?" She said looking down.

"No, I could never be mad at you. I was jut wondering because before you came here, he texted me to see if I was ok." I said showing her our messages.

"Look at my best friend." She said dancing in her chair.

"Look at me? Please look at you. I can see something happening between you and Larry." I said.

"Yeah, that will never happen. That's only in my dreams."

"Don't say that. You never know." I said rubbing her back to tell her I'm always here for her.

She was about to say something, but Mekhi walk into the kitchen. When he say Asia, he ran up to her and jump in her lap.

"Asi !!" He said while using his nickname he gave her and giving her a big hug.

"Mek. How's my baby boy feeling." She said kissing his forehead.

"I fezl a little beutter cause T made momma famous cheickn soup." He said cutely. Asia laughed at little because of how he say some of his words.

"Well, I'm glad my baby doing okay, but I have to get home now." She said standing up while holding him.

"Awwww, will yov be bakk?" He said with a sad face.

"Of course I will." She said handing him to me. I gave him a kiss on the forehead and walk Asia to the door. Me and Mekhi said bye to Asia and went back into the living room.

"Want to watch down movies!" I said picking up all the carton movies.

"Yeh. Can wi wathing Lion King?" He said with his puppy dog face.

"Yeah we can." I said. He jump up and down and I went into the kitchen, made some popcorn, grab something to drink and walk back into the living. I love moments like this. I just wish my mom was here because she works all the time.