Chapter 2

Hello all!  I hope you're all doing well, I don't really have much to say sooo here it goes.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 2

After Gwen and I parted I almost went to my own room then decided against it.  I snuck into his room. 

“Who’s there?”   I placed a hand over his eyes and felt it when he smiled.  “To what do I owe this pleasure?”

“I missed you.” I crawled into bed next to Xavier.

“It hasn’t been that long.”

“It’s been too long.”

“Juliet, are you just getting in?”

“No, I got in about an hour ago.”

Xavier shook his head.  “I’m not even going to ask what you were doing.  All I will ask is; what you would like to do now?”  I kissed him.  He pulled me on top of him and kissed me back.  “Ah I see.”  He pulled the covers over us and he reminded me of one of the many reasons I love him.

“That was wonderful,” I purred, my head resting on his chest.  His rhythmic breathing and his heart beating were comforting to me.  I loved the way his chest rumbled when he laughed. 

“You are insatiable, aren’t you?”

“You could say that.”

Xavier’s arm was around my back and he pulled me closer to him.  “You need some sleep.  You have a busy day tomorrow.”

“I am tired.”

“Relax, you need sleep.” Xavier kissed the top of my head and it didn’t take long for me to fall asleep. 

I woke up disappointed.  I wasn’t in Xavier’s bed when I woke up, instead I was in my own.  He must have taken me back after I fell asleep.  Laurel’s soft knocking was what woke me up. 

“Juliet, it’s time to get up.”

My head was hurting, but I wasn’t really that hung over.  “Hey Laurel,”

“I have aspirin and water.  Drink.”  Laurel was great that way.  She had a tendency to make my mornings better.  I told her about last night, she told me about the plans for her upcoming wedding. 

I got ready as quickly as I could and went to check on Angelica.  She, on the other hand, was dreadfully hung over.

“Why does blinking hurt?” Angelica whined.

“Because you were drinking straight tequila after you were already drunk, sweetie.”

“I feel like I’m going to die,”

“You won’t die, I promise.  I’ll have Gwen give you her super hangover cure.”

“I’ll just tell Dad I have the flu.”

“Yeah, you said you weren’t feeling well yesterday.  That’ll work.  I’ll still have Gwen come up and take care of you.”

Millie burst in the room.  “My baby is sick!  Out of the way, you.” She spat as she shoved me to the side.  “Oh, poor thing.  What’s wrong?”

I saw Angelica wince at the shrill tone of Millie’s voice.  “Just the flu, Mum, I’ll be fine.”

“Oh, my poor baby, are you running a fever?” Millie’s hand went to Angelica’s forehead.  “No, you don’t seem to be.  I’ll phone the doctor at once.”