Chapter 32

Okay, you guys earned this. All I have to say is this is absolute insanity and I love it!!! I'll throw the same qualifier out there, 75 comments and 175 votes and I'll get another chapter up within 24 hours of that happening. Enjoy my darlings, I'm posting this over lunch break so I haven't edited. Enjoy! <3

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 32

I was thrown back into the room Chuck has chosen for me and it was locked behind me. I picked myself up and stretched. Xavier was here. It would be okay. I wasn't alone long before my door opened and Chuck was standing in the doorway.

"Did you enjoy your time?" Chuck growled.

"Yeah."

"Good, you're going to dine with me."

I raised an eyebrow. "Okay?"

"Well, come on."

"Oh, right now?"

"Yes."

"Okay then,"

I followed him down to the dining room. He indicated the chair next to his and I sat down. "Has your appetite returned?"

I shook my head. "No. I'm still not hungry."

"Well, you will eat."

"I'll try. Hopefully, I'll keep this down." I mumbled. I looked up and realized Chuck was staring at me, his brows creased. "What?"

"You were ill?"

I shrugged. "Not really." I answered feeling uneasy about the way he was staring at me.

"That is a yes or no question."

"Well, yeah, I threw up, but it's not a big deal."

Chuck stared at me for a long moment then sighed. "I beg to differ. Guilt affects different people in different ways. It will pass. Until then, you will need to keep your strength up. Once your nightmare subsided, did you sleep well?"

I shook my head. "Not really."

"Why not?"

"I just wasn't really rested."

"Pity."

Chuck's chef brought in food. A soup was placed before me and Chuck had roasted lamb, garlic potatoes and mixed greens. "If you feel up to it, you're welcome to some of this as well." Chuck offered as he cut into the lamb. "It is quite exceptional."

I shook my head. "No thanks."

The entire atmosphere felt off. It was forced and awkward now. It seemed strange to me, but I kept my mouth shut. It was the pressured silence for a few moments before Chuck broke the awkwardness. "What exactly did you tell Xavier?"

"He just wanted to know what happened from the time that I was kidnapped."

"And what did you say?"

"Basically everything that happened up until the point that I came with you. What ever happened to Ethan, by the way?'

Chuck gave me that careless grin and waved his hand. "He is of no importance. What did you say of me?"

"You told me not to give the impression you've been anything but cruel, so I didn't say much."

"Did you avoid the subject or did you lie to your precious Xavier?"

"Why?"

Chuck's eyes narrowed. "Because I asked you."