Chapter 15

I wanted to get this out, so I haven't had a chance to edit yet. Here you go lovelies! Enjoy <3

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 15

When I woke up my head was aching and I didn't recognize anything around me. I sat up slowly and my wrists were aching. They'd been rubbed raw and flashes started to come back.

I looked around the room. I was in a large plush bed that took up the majority of the room. There were white silk sheets and soft black comforter. The theme of the room was black and white. There were drawers that were a blackened wood to one side and a vanity to the other.

I took a deep breath and tried to figure out how I'd gotten here. The taste in my mouth made me nauseas and I've never wanted to brush my teeth so badly in my life. I got out of bed and shivered as my feet hit the polished wood floor. I looked down and I was wearing the same clothes that I was wearing when I got taken. That was a relief. I caught sight of myself and winced. I had a black eye and the left side of my face was swollen. I reached up and winced as I touched the bruise on my left cheek. Damn, that's right. Ethan had backhanded me when I pissed him off. I moved my jaw from side to side testing the pain. It was annoying, but tolerable. My hair looked like a rat's nest and I really looked worse for wear. I looked down at my wrists, they had been bound. Right. Both of my wrists were bruised and rope had cut into them and the skin was raw. I touched it gingerly and hissed as it stung. Damn, my wrists were an angry, raw pink. It would be a few weeks to heal.

Now the sixty-four thousand dollar question was: where the hell am I?

I wasn't left wondering for long before the door burst open and I saw the same man who'd given me the water before. What was his name? Crap I can't remember.

"Well, well, well, she finally wakes."

I looked up and saw what looked like genuine kindness in his eyes. That was a load of crap. I couldn't expect kindness from a kidnapper.

"How are you feeling?"

"Where am I?"

"Safe. For now."

"What the hell does that mean?"

"It means, that your safety depends very much on you."

"Let's cut the cryptic crap. What are you talking about?"

"Someone very much wants you alive and several very much want you dead. Depending on how much trouble you cause will be a deciding factor."

"Do I get three guesses or are you just going to tell me?"

"You still got jokes."

I shrugged. "It's a gift. So, what shitty situation have I gotten myself into this time?"

He let out a deep, rich, laugh. "Damn, I really hope you live."

"Well, gee, isn't it nice to know I've got a cheer squad. So, are they taking lots on me or something?"

"Oh yeah, the staff have already placed their bets."

"Well, that's comforting. What are the odds?"

"If I win then I'll be a wealthy man." he grinned.

"Well, I'm rooting for you," I rolled my eyes. "So are we still maintaining this whole cloak and dagger crap or is there someone willing to tell me what the hell is going on?"

"You'll know soon."

"So when am I being drugged again? What did you put in that water you gave me?"