Chapter 3

First off, I want to thank all of my new fans and everyone who voted and commented, you guys are amazing =D  and <3 

Sorry this took so long, but this has been a hectic week, being as amazing as I am my dumbass had a concussion and didn't do much of anything, much less write.  Sooooo I'm playing catch up. Here's the next chapter and I hope you like it  XD

Chapter 3

Xavier met me after rehearsal and he seemed in better spirits. 

“Are you still mad at me?”

“Juliet, I try very hard to protect you and you make that very difficult sometimes.”

“Xavier, it’s part of who I am,”

“Which is why I try very hard not to hold it against you.”  Xavier sighed and ran a hand through his hair which was longer than usual and looked like it needed a trim.  “It’s not fair for me to be upset with you over the very qualities which led me to fall in love with you.”

“Good.”

“Good?”

“Yes.  I’m glad you aren’t as mad anymore.  I hate it when you’re mad at me.  It doesn’t feel right.”

“No, fighting doesn’t become either of us very well.”

“Hey, Xavier?”

“Yes?”

“You know I love you right?”

I watched a smile spread across his lips.  “I love you too, Juliet,”  Xavier’s arm went around my shoulders.  “Come here.” His lips met mine and were a gentle pressure.  I cuddled up to him and enjoyed our ride home.  I had another lesson with Madame Rouche then I had to my daily ride with Dad.

On this ride things were different.  I was afraid he was still mad about this morning, so most of the ride was in silence.  I don’t try to upset people, sometimes it just happens.  Part of being in this life I’ve now chosen is I have to at least try to make things work.    After a long and heavy silence Dad started.

“Juliet,”

“Yeah, Dad?”

“I received an interesting phone call today.” James paused, probably waiting for me inquire.  So I did.

“Oh yeah?”

“Your grandparents.  Your mother’s parents, phoned me.”

I pulled my horse to a stop.  “What?”

“Yes, it seems they’ve been trying to get a hold of you for some time now.  They are currently staying at their villa in Italy and have extended an invitation to you and a few guests to come and join them.  They want to make up for lost time.  I think you should go.”

“I don’t know . . . I haven’t seen them since - ”

“Since the funeral?  Yes, they mentioned that as well.” James cut me off.  “Go, let them at least meet you properly.  If you hate it, you can come right back.”

“Are you telling me to leave?”

James sighed.  “If that’s how it sounded, I didn’t mean it that way.  You’ve mentioned a time or two that you want to find yourself.  You’ve said your place is with you family.  They too are your family.  Give them a chance to see you as you are.”

“Ja – Dad, I haven’t been trying to upset everyone.”

“I know that,”

“But times like this morning keep happening.  As much as I want to be here . . . answer me honestly, should I not be here?”