Chapter 7

To those of you who are not fans, I will repeat this.  I know this has taken longer than you would have liked, but here is why.  I have been ill.  I work three jobs, and have a chornic illness.  I have been very ill this summer.  Writing is a hobby for me.  I enjoy it.  It's fun, and it's soothing for me, but it's just that,  a hobby.  I have other things in my life that are priorities, one of those is my health.  I will update as often as I can, but as I've been in and out of the hospital this summer, it's been rather difficult.  Mind you, this is not an excuse.  I'm not looking for sympathy or pity or anything of the sort.  I'm just asking you to be patient and understand if I'm not updating, there is probably a very good reason why.  Anywhoosers, I hope you do enjoy this update!

p.s. I have not edited yet

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 7

I found Farrah and she and looked at me like a wounded animal.  I think she was afraid I’d have another meltdown like I did earlier.  I gave her a weak smile.  “Hey,”

“Feeling better?”

I shook my head.  “Not really.”

“Do you feel like going out to the city?”

“Not really.”

“Juliet, is there anything I can do?”

I shrugged.

Farrah gave me a pensive look then grabbed my hand.  “Come.”  She led me up to one of the unused rooms and there was a massive chest.  She opened it and I gasped.  “Yes, this was hers.  It’s really all we have left of her now.  There are the photo albums.  These are some of her favorite pieces of jewelry and this was her favorite dress as a little girl.”  I was I shock.  It was Mom’s stuff.

I hugged Farrah as tears clouded my vision.  Her arms went around me and she held me just as tight as I held her.  “I miss her too,” she whispered against my hair her fingers ran through it.  “Every day,”

I nodded into her shoulder.  I couldn’t find my voice but I knew she felt the same way I did about Mom.  It wasn’t fair.  It wasn’t right.  But it was what it was.  My mom was taken too soon.  It was that simple.  It wasn’t fair that her mother got to outlive her.  It sucked that I only got about twenty short years with her.  It wasn’t fair.  Life wasn’t fair.  And sometimes, you just wished it was like the fairy tales.  You hoped for your own happily ever after.  You hoped, but I sure as hell wasn’t Cinderella. 

I don’t know how exactly but after that Farrah and I started talking.  She pulled the photo albums out and started telling me stories of Mom’s past.  Stories I’d never had the chance to know before.  I don’t know how but somehow it was early evening when Giovanni found us. 

“So this is where you two have been hiding,” he offered with a smile.  His eyes ventured over to the contents of the chest.  He let out a heavy sigh.  “Rose . . .” He sat next to Farrah and wrapped an arm around her.  “Juliet, from everything I’ve seen in you, I see our Rose.  Your mannerisms, the way you talk, your heart.  You are so much your mother’s daughter.”  Giovanni kissed my forehead.  “It is cruel that you had so little time with her.”

I shook my head.  “I can’t talk about this,” I got up.  “Thank you, Farrah.  I really mean that.  Today was . . . well . . . if not for you never would have known any of that.  So thank you.”

“Juliet,” Giovanni called as I turned to leave.

“Yes?”

“That handsome young man of yours is looking for you.”