Chapter 16

Alright my lovelies, don't get too used to these updates so close together, I've just had a little time and I want to get these up. Enjoy my darlings! <3

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 16

Dr. Stevens came to check on me regularly and I was more than a little concerned. I woke up to someone's hand on my cheek. I opened my eyes hoping this had been a night mare and Xavier would be staring at me. I opened my eyes and screamed.

Someone was staring at me alright. I felt the fear in my heart staring at those icy blue eyes of my worst nightmares.

"Shh, relax," Chase soothed. "It's okay."

"What are you doing here?"

Chase smiled at me. "I made it so we can be together again."

"What if I don't want to be?"

Chase's features darkened. "Why wouldn't you? Don't be stupid, Juliet."

"Where are we?"

"Somewhere in the Pacific. I'm not sure exactly. Sorry it took me so long to get here."

My mouth was dry and I realized that there was so much more at stake than I first thought. Chase was fucking psycho!

"Chase, what are you thinking right now?"

"Of how much fun we can have once you're well again."

I moved away slowly from Chase so that I was sitting up and facing him. "Chase, this isn't right,"

"It's okay. I forgive you."

"Chase, you have to let me go home."

"We will. Eventually."

"Chase, where are we going?"

"Touring. Once you're well again. We'll go see the sights."

"What sights?"

"Remember Sophomore year? I promised to take you lots of places after we graduated. Well, we graduated. It's time I made good on my promises. I'm going to make up for lost time. I'm going to fix us."

I took a few soothing breaths and tried to calm my racing mind. I had to choose my next words carefully. "Chase," I started hoping I didn't seem as nervous and terrified as I was.

"Yeah, baby?"

"What if there's nothing left to fix?"

"Don't be stupid." Chase growled. "I'm clean now. I got the help I needed. I forgave you for trying to get me thrown in jail. I think the least you can do is forgive me for cheating."

"You shot me!"

"Not on purpose!" Chase shot back sounding exasperated.

Not on purpose? That was his excuse? As if that made it alright! "You tried to beat me to death!"

"That wasn't me," Chase explained, eerily calm.

"Seriously? Who the hell was it then?"

"It was the drugs. I'm not on them anymore."

"So absolutely nothing is your fault."

Chase sighed in relief. "That's my girl. I knew you would understand if you would just let me explain."

Holy shit! I was in trouble. Chase had no remorse. Chase's trip to the loony bin had caused him to lose what little touch with reality he had. I had one shot at this.