Chapter 37

Hey guys, sorry this is late, I sent out a message to fans but I had some symptoms that knocked me out of commission for about two days. I'm not going to keep doing the comment and vote thing because, quite frankly, I can't keep up. I appreciate all the comments and votes, but I can't keep up and balance everything. Please continue to vote and comment, I still love hearing from you guys, I will update as often as I can, but I have to balance it with everything else. Hope you guys understand, I haven't had a chance to edit, and as always, thanks for reading my darlings, love you all!

**READER ADVISORY**
This chapter has some violence!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 37

"What are they doing here?" I snarled.

"Did you miss me?" Ethan sneered.

"Can't say I have." I noticed he was sporting a shiner. Chiara was still as frail looking as I'd last seen her. She looked sick and wouldn't meet my eyes. Blackmailed or not, I was less than pleased with her. "Do you have anything to say for yourself?"

She flinched at my words but didn't try to defend herself.

"Manners," Jeremiah chided. "Don't berate my guests."

"Or what?"

Jeremiah's eyes flashed and I saw the monster beneath the mask. "I will teach you manners personally."

"Not before we've come to an agreement." Chuck interceded.

"True, that is the purpose of this lunch. Chuck, do keep your pet on a leash."

Chuck pulled out a chair for me and I sat. Chuck was to my right and Jeremiah was at the head of the table opposite Chuck. Ethan was next to Jeremiah on his right and Chiara was on his left.

"Since I'm being bought and sold like fucking cattle can't I at least know what the hell is going on?"

Jeremiah smiled at me. "Spirited. Breaking her will be fun."

"Don't count on it."

"We'll see how high and mighty you are once I'm finished with you."

"Before you start fantasizing, why don't we discuss figures." Chuck interrupted.

"I got her, shouldn't she belong to me?" Ethan chimed.

I glared at him and the lecherous look on his face. "You wish douche nozzle."

"You merely detained her." Chuck corrected. "My men assisted you, my new neurotoxin is what immobilized her."

"She seems to have recovered nicely. How long did it last?" Jeremiah inquired.

"I gave her a lower dosage, so she was only immobilized for a few hours this time. I'm not surprised she's cranky. After all, once the toxin begins to wear off, it's excruciating, like every nerve ending is on fire. Isn't that right?"

"You're all a bunch of crazy, sick fucks. Men like you are why creepers like Chase get away with goddamn murder."

The hairs on the back of my neck stood on end. I exchanged glances with Chiara. I could see remorse there. At least guilt was eating at her. Appetizers were brought in when there was an explosion. In a moment, my chair had been toppled and Jax was covering my entire body. Chuck was getting to his feet, his gun already drawn.

"Jeremiah, I'm sure you have an explanation." Chuck growled.

"Guests I suppose." Jeremiah drawled. Jeremiah glanced at me. "My son if I had to guess."