Chapter 17

Where I left you off was rather mean, sorry darlings. I promise, Juliet is NOT dead!  Lol, that would rather abruptly end the story.   I wanted to get this up for you, but I haven't finished editing it.  I hope you enjoy!  Much love my darlings!  <3 Muah!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 17

I heard an annoying beeping.  I opened my eyes.  I was sore all over but the most amazing thing I could think of was in my sight.  I looked around and I was in a hospital.  I squeezed my hand and the figure sleeping, still holding it, stirred.

A startled, blood shot, familiar pair of brown eyes met mine.

“Juliet!” Xavier’s arms went around my neck and he pulled me close.  I felt the warmth from his arms.  I breathed in the distinct smell that was part his cologne, part just Xavier.  I relished in the solid strength I felt as his chest was crushing against me.   

“Xavier!” I felt the tears spill out.  I started sobbing and I held Xavier as close as I could.

Xavier ended up in the bed with me and held me as I let it all out.  I clung to him and I never wanted to let go.  “Juliet,” Xavier prodded once my hysteria had quieted.

“Yeah?”

“I need to let your father know you’re awake.  Give me just a minute.”

“Don’t leave!” I whimpered in a panicked whisper.

Xavier nodded and pulled out his cell phone.  “Okay,” He called James and told him I was resting but that I would be ready for visitors by time he got here.  “Juliet, why didn’t you tell me?  Why didn’t you tell any of us?”

“Tell you what?  I called you as soon as I was able to get to a phone.” I stared at him in disbelief.

Xavier shook his head.  “Not that,” Xavier looked me in the eye for a long moment.  “Unless you didn’t know yourself . . .”

“Didn’t know what?”

Xavier bit his lip then his eyes bored into mine.  “You had no idea, did you?”

“Babe, what are you talking about?”

Xavier kissed my forehead.  “You had no idea,”

“No idea about what?”

“Juliet, you were pregnant.”

I froze.  “What?”  I looked down at my stomach.  “Holy crap!  What do you mean?  We’re going to  . . . holy crap!” I looked up at Xavier and noticed the sadness in his eyes.  “What are you thinking?  Holy crap, how are we going to do this?”

Xavier shook his head.  “Darling, I said were.  When you fell down the stairs, you lost it.”

For a moment the world stopped spinning and I couldn’t breathe.  After what seemed like a year’s time I felt cold.  “I what?”

Xavier pulled me close again and a fresh wave of tears flowed out.  I was overwhelmed.

“Oh my God, I’m sorry,” I sobbed out.  “Please, just don’t leave alone me now,” I whispered as I couldn’t stop crying.

“I’m right here,” Xavier soothed.  “I’m not going anywhere.” Xavier held me until I cried myself to sleep.  I woke up to quiet voices.  Xavier’s arms were still around me and I looked up. Dad was standing there in the room.