Chapter 5

• Dedicated to Jenny and Dustin

To my wonderful readers, I must say thank you.  I was completely floored when wattpad wanted to feature Royal Pain the Ass, the prequel to this piece.  To now have over 150,000 reads absolutely amazed me.  To all of those new fans, I have to say you are all amazing.  Thank you so much for your kind words and constructive criticisms.  I am so humbled by the response.  I hope that you all will enjoy this one as much as RPITA

In addition, my best friend was married on this past Saturday and I was the Maid of Honor, and had been spending a lot time focusing on that, but now that that went perfectly, I should have some more time write.   :)

Soooo the dedication is for the happy couple!  Congrats to Jenny and Dustin!  I hope they have many, many happy years ahead of them!

Enough of the crap you don't care about, here's chapter 5

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 5

Xavier led me down to the beach and laid out a blanket for us.  He’d packed a bottle of wine, and some snacks and we had a moonlight picnic.  I was lying on the blanket looking up at the stars.  My head was on his lap as his fingers combed through my hair.  I can’t remember the last time I’d felt so happy. 

“Xavier?”

“Yes, love?”

“Have I told you how amazing you are lately?”

I loved that throaty chuckle that earned.  “No, love, not lately.”

“Well, you are.  I’m sorry if I don’t tell you that enough.”

“You are amazing too.  I never would have though in a million years that this is where we would be at this moment.  Every scenario I had come up with, well, they were nothing in comparison.  Life is wonderful when reality is better than the dream.”

“How did I get so lucky?”

I sat up and plopped myself in his lap.  His arms held me fast around the waist.  “You’re wonderful,” I murmured as I kissed his neck.

“Now, love,” Xavier squirmed. 

“Yeah, now sounds good,” I laughed.  He pulled me away slightly and looked into my eyes.  He shook his head with that smile he reserved only for me.  There was a look in his eyes that could only be described as boyish.  He looked like a little boy in love for the first time.  It made me want to ask and not at the same time.  I wasn’t sure if I’d like the answer.

Instead, I kissed him.  I kissed him and I wrapped my fingers in his hair and it didn’t take long for the rest to follow.  I loved that man with everything I had.  Xavier had brought an extra blanket, I guess he knew me too well, and we were lying under it.  My head on his chest as his fingers combed through my hair.  I was one happy panda to put it mildly.

“Babe,”

“Yes, darling?”

“You’re amazing.”

“I love you too, Juliet,”

I kissed him on the cheek and settled my head back on his chest.  We lay like that for a long while before he persuaded me back into clothes and he put his back on as well. 

I watched reluctantly as his shirt covered up his well sculpted chest and defined abs.  Xavier watched me as he dressed and let out a very masculine chuckle.