8: The Heroine always faints in a Fight

Alright! Here's the chapter we've all been waiting for! Port Angeles!

The following content contains unpleasant situations; reader sensitivity and discretion is advised. (I tried to make it as light as possible)

                                                                                                   *** 

If I was worried about something in the entire book, it was the trip to Port Angeles.

Don't get me wrong, the town itself was pretty with the Bay and the Boardwalk but it was more of what the night enlisted in the chapter that had me nervous and jumpy. Best solution was to not to go at all but I felt obliged to accompany Bella.

Jess and Angela knew Port Angeles well enough to head to a large department store and start perusing dress up clothes. "So, you've never been to a dance, the both of you?" Jessica asked.

"She didn't have a boyfriend and India is not all that big on Dances," I murmured, my eyes fixed on the windows dreading the dark. I'd told Jess that I wanted to go back to Forks before nightfall and she'd agreed, albeit a little reluctantly.

"But you always say no to the boys who ask you here," Jess argued back. "Not Eric," Angela said.

I handed Jess the electric blue dress she was supposed to go for and glanced up at Angela. "What...?" I asked. "Eric said he's taking you to prom," Jess said, holding the electric dress up to her body. I sighed, why did I just know that something like this was going to happen? I mean, Tyler did the same with Bella, now Eric and me? God, help me...

"Angela, do me a favor and set him on fire when the next time you have chemistry together?" I asked, handing her the pale pink dress.

I was trying to rush them along. So, I kept handing them stuff that I knew they'd go for. Christ though, they deliberated a lot.

By the time the ordeal was over – surprising since I actually found retail therapy to work on occasions, I was fidgeting about and Bella suggested dinner in the small Italian restaurant near the corner. I nearly screeched when she told us to meet her there.

"Tulika, let's go to the small book store we saw." She said.

"What, no, let's stick with the girls?" I said lamely.

"Um...fine, I'll go have a look,"

"No,"

"What...?"

I sighed, giving in to the dunderheaded Bella Swan, her story, I thought grudgingly. "I'll come with you."

At least she was less likely to get attacked with me there. I knew how to fight back.

Bella and I meandered through the roads for what felt like an eternity. She had led me to a store that looked like it was more seedy than selling and I dragged her away but she was determined to find a bookstore.

By now, I was severely mad at her and she could tell. She was walking faster and kept throwing me surreptitious glances. "Hey, there," the same words, words I'd read so many times that I knew that they shouldn't make me feel so worried. However, when I glanced out of the corner of my eyes to see the four men eyeing me and Bella, I just knew what a good scare meant.

"Hello," I heard Bella mutter and I grabbed her arm, making her walk with me. "Just walk, don't look or listen to them," I mumbled to her, feeling her nod next to me.