16: How about we don't do the Baseball Thing?

This is a short chapter. I just wanted to get Edward and T closer together, show a little bit of Alice and Rosalie and of course, I wanted to bring Stephen's mystery to light.

Think of it as a Fuller Chapter

                                                                                              ***

"So, I told him never to do it again," I finished as Rosalie burst out laughing and Alice slapped her leg. "My god, you were right about her," Rose said.

Yes, I was calling Rosalie Rose, go get away with that Bella.

She was extremely nice if you looked past the slight vanity and tenacity. I mean, she had every reason to. Her life hadn't been easy and she was turned without consent.

"When have I ever been wrong, Rose," Alice said as someone knocked on my door. "Do you mind if I borrow my girlfriend now?" Edward called in just a tad bit irritated voice. "Poor thing, we're raining all over his parade," I whispered. "I heard that." He called. "Rose, babe, let me in now." Emmett whined too. "Alice," that was Jasper.

"Oh alright, we need to do this again," Alice said. "Why don't you plan a shopping spree?" Rosalie asked as she opened the door. "I'd love to," I said as I passed through and Edward took my hand, towing me away towards his room.

He opened the door, waiting for me to go through first.

The room surprised me. I was expecting rows over rows of music CDs, a huge stereo and a couch. It was much more furnished than that though.

There was a floor to ceiling window which overlooked the winding river in the untouched forest. A magnificent bed which looked like it was a period piece was right beside it. Desks and shelves decorated the wall beside the door. "Ok, this is unexpected." I blurted out.

"Why is that?" he asked.

"You know, I thought it would be a little more primeval." I shrugged. "Why, because I'm such primate?" he asked, shoving his hands into his pockets as he leaned against the closed door. "Yes actually," I said lightly, running my hands over the endless books and furniture, standing at the sprawling sofa beside the window, looking at the river.

"This is nice, having you here. Although, I'm still waiting for you to come to your senses and realise that I am dangerous." He murmured.

I glanced at him. "I don't need to come to my senses. Vampires fascinate me. I know exactly how dangerous they can be. Too bad I snagged one who can't even growl properly." I threw him a snide grin as his expression changed from brooding to just the right measure of provoked.

"Snagged?" he questioned.

"Oh yeah," I heaved a resigned sigh.

He just watched me for a minute before a smirk of his own crossed his glorious face. "You really shouldn't have said that,"

I folded my hands. "What are you going to do? Jump at me and throw me on the couch?" I raised my eyebrows at him.

Yeah, take that, Cullen. Not the pushover Bella you expected, right?

It turns out; not that much because in a heartbeat he was in front of me, throwing me, not on the couch but on the bed. Oh, the bed is so soft, I thought as he climbed over me, raising and pinning my wrists over my head. "You were saying?" he growled – he actually growled – playfully.