Vision 1

Running in the dark, sweat coming down my chest, my breathing is rigid now. How long have I been running for? It seems like forever, the darkness surrounds me with all its glory. I can't use my voice here. This happens every time. I look all around me trying to see, feel anything that could help me get out of this darkness. All I feel is cold and stone underneath my feet. Then I slowly start to drift out of the darkness away from that cold stone floor. I can not fully wake up until the intense pain comes, its swift and fast as always. I can not feel the pain not here in this dream. The blood is running down my body somewhere on my body is bleeding and that's how I know I should be in pain. Blood is always welcome knowing I'll finally wake up. It is the sign of the end for yet another night. But the darkness lingers there, waiting for me to allow it to escape and come out of its hiding place in my mind, my dream. 

With a jolt, I wake up sweating. I haven't screamed from my nightmare in a long time. Elijah is always the first one in my room when I wake up. He hands me a towel; at the beginning of all this everyone would be running to my room making sure I was calm, alive, breathing. Even I would check for that blood that I felt was so real only to find my sweat.  This morning is like any morning in the city of Glass. We live in a high hill overlooking the city. Just north of where all my friends and school is. Hidden with a forest behind us and no one dear live out here but my parents needed to be here for research.

My room is on the corner of the house away from the rest of the family. Never understanding why I was away from everything but never question it. The last time I asked too many question lead to isolation from everyone. My room is light blue with gold finishing and larger enough to have three more beds. The crown molding is detailed that even the maids have a hard time cleaning my room. The bed is in the middle of the room, with a light ivory canopy that gets cleaned every day from the dust. The patio doors have been shut close for a long time. I never had a chance to enjoy sitting outside and watching the stars or the sun set color clouds. 

As I lay my feet on the cold dark wood I see the sun has set and the clock now shows how late I am to breakfast. I rush to the vanity and brush out my tangled blonde hair. It's definitely grown longer since the summer. It hangs down my back almost reaching the my tailbone. I quickly place my uniform for my school, only when we are home are we allowed to wear what we like. I look at myself in the large mirror; my long legs and thin arms only make the uniform more promiscuous. I really need to put in a request to make them longer. The short blue skirt only fall mid-length by my thighs and the collar is very frilly. It almost looks like I am wearing a communion dress or something else that has nothing to do with school. No matter how much I hated it, I was required in the city.

"This is getting old," I said to myself as I opened the door to my room leading to the hall. I walked down the hall and noticed that the maids were not cleaning today like they should be every morning. This was a bad sign, how long have I overslept?

"Crap, how late am I!"  pacing down the staircase running to the dining room. This one isn't as grand as the one in front of the house. It is just as grand for any other house I have been inside though. As I entered the dining area I noticed only two of my family members were there. Not a good sign, crap.

"Nice of you to join us sister" Elijah said as he set his knife down. Everyone was looking at me hoping to see that I was out of place. I straight up my posture and walked to the empty chair next to the door. The maid gave me a short sad look as to hoping to have been able to help me. All my family did. It was normal now, however, I still didn't like the feeling of them trying to help me with everything I needed.

"Good Morning brother, Where is Ellis?" I said as I sat down and started to pill up my food. My older brother Ellis is Mastery. He knows all and if he doesn't then he spends months trying to learn everything he can. The butler poured my tea and handed the remote I would need to get into the city. Since we live outside the city we needed a remote that holds our information to get us through the gates. I watch Elijah with calculated eyes and see for any misplace emotion. If something was wrong He was the one to watch, his body language gave everything away. 

"He is already inside, he needed to get more research done for the leaders" Elijah said while getting up and coming to my side. He kneeled down and took my hand in his. This was so normal for him and for me. We would just stare at each other and then he would get up and leave. Without saying any goodbyes, without telling me anything more. Elijah is the quiet one of the family. He was always to himself and never let anyone in. It saddens me to see my brother like this, it was as if he never got what he wanted. 

Once breakfast was done, I took the remote and looked at the grand clock that is on top of the mantel. It was time to go. I nod my head at the butler to inform him that I am ready.

Once we headed outside to the car, spotless as ever and the butler holding the car door open for me. It always amazed me that our family had the manpower to keep it clean and filled with energy every day, then again my family amazes everyone in the city. The driver closed my door and got into the driver side while I looked outside my window. Everyday the ride was the same, everyday we never spoke to one another, and everyday the scenery was the same. Crazy that the trees looked the same, always green as if the seasons never changed. The sky was always blue with a few clouds and the sun was just bright enough for us to not have to wear shade.

One thing I noticed long before I was a teen was that everything in my house and in the city was always recorded video and voice. I always needed to be on the alert with anything I said especially topic that were never allowed by our laws. This also might be the reason why our family is always so polite and short with each other, lifeless. No love or emotion was shown. That was just how we lived and at some point we got used to it and ignored them, but never forget them.

When we arrived at the city gates I start getting out my Remote and rolling up my sleeves. They needed a blood sample for every visitor. I've asked both my brothers why when I was younger. Non-were able to give me answer at the time thankfully that was just them. I stopped asking after that not wanting to push the subject with all the video recording and fear of isolation. I always hated never getting answers and being ignored, locked up in my room. As the car pulled up to the gate which was made out of metal so thick it was impossible to run it over with a car. Not paying much attention a soundcam from the distance behind the car. 

 The sound of a whistle took my attention to the front of the car. White lights everywhere blinding me, then blood was on my clothes, the butlers blood all over me covering my face. It all happened so fast that I couldn't see where the blast had come from. The gates were shut closed and the guards outside were just dust, blood splatter, and some bone fragments all over the car and walls. I saw nothing out the side window and knew I needed to run, away from this attack and find cover. The house was so far but my best bet in being saved. More people there, my brother is there. 

I grabbed my remote, opened the car door, and started running. Running back to the house as fast as I can was the best choice I had since the gate is sealed off.  Looking back was not an option but looking around was, I needed to see where to run where to avoid. I knew whatever it was it was still there watching and waiting. I had to find my brothers, I had to get back and do something. They knew what to do I hope.

My legs were throbbing not even halfway to the house. I was losing my breath fast and still couldn't think of looking back. I wiped my upper lip of the sweat but the blood from Butler got into my mouth. I spit it out fast but something wasn't right. Something about the blood taste was okay. That was not important right now, until my thirst was starting to distract me. My mind kept thinking of only drinking. I kept running staying away from the main road so I wouldn't be out in the open. Sadly, there was not enough cover for the gates to the house. I pushed my body to run faster the sweat was now running down into my mouth. Mixing with the blood and I knew it wasn't important but it was helping.