Vision 10

He is gone, he left when I pushed him away. He felt it, the burning feeling he gave me. Being too much even for me, Avett must have felt the effect through our bond.

AVETT! I cried out in my mind but nothing.
My mother held me in her arms while I cried. It's been a while since I cried. I felt broken inside, I hurt him when I didn't have control. Losing him is not the same knowing what he is to me.

"Where...where did he go..." I cried into my mother's shirt. Wiping blood and tears on her. She didn't care, being her child meant she is willing to do anything for me.

"What did they do to you?" My father asking directly at me.

"Alessio, we should tell her what happened." Mother said stroking my hair.
My father carried me back inside. We went to the dining hall so everyone could eat and the explanation started. I sat in silence until either my mother or father would start explaining. Not bothering with eating, the blood was enough to last me. Mother was the one that started to explain.

"Claire, you were taken from us when you were five. A different group of soldiers took you we think. They had this idea if they could get their hands on royal blood, they could use their powers and control them. They succeeded, they took you away from us and we found out years later you were attacking the city of glass." Mother had her hands on my arms to make sure I didn't have a relapse. Her touch relaxed my angry mind. Everything she was saying made sense as to why I watched everything, noticed things, and fought with rage. Blind, bloodlust rage was all I saw.

"We searched everywhere for you. But the years went by and we were losing hope. It broke us when we found out they were using you. We thought we killed them all until recently." Mother answered that part of my question. Thankfully, my memories were locked away so whatever they had done to me is locked away for now.

"Knowing how they still have a hold over you is killing us. We must be careful about how we train you. Avett needs to be careful too." That last part made me flinch. I had to be careful not to break him again or worse he breaks me.

"Why did I feel like I was burning when he touched me?" I had to know and hated to find out. Something in my blood is itching for his touch now.

"Well, your body rejected him and rejected the bond. It terrified him. He felt it too." Matteo came next to me trying to help but it only made me mad. He backed up to give me space. My body is still responding to him, a trigger that opened up that glimmer in the darkness.

"Where is he? I need to make this better." I looked for an answer but they didn't know.

"I'm sure if you call out to him he will come." Mother is not sure but she wanted to believe our bond was stronger than what happened. I stood up and started for the door. I said my goodbye to my family, it was hard being close to anyone. This time not getting lost I had remember to look for the little details in the walls and the furniture to help me get back.

I tried to call him out with my mind. He was ignoring me from the emptiness of the mind. As I entered my room and saw he was no where my body just slumped. I sat up on my bed thinking where would he be only to remember I had not even seen his room. I wanted to cry knowing full that was no help. Giving up is a bad idea, where would he be damn it. I didn't know much about him actually. His whole life is nothing but a small memory. What did I get myself into?

I went to my balcony to sit at the table. Leaning over the railing with my arms hanging over I saw something. Just outside the castle wall was Avett. He was by the woods pacing back and forth I swear he was muttering to himself. Now, how do I get to him? I looked down to see how high if I could jump. Maybe I was able to climb down then jump. I played out my escape in my mind and with a wicked smile I knew what I had to do.

I was already dressed for combat so why not. I flung my legs over and made my way down. Slowly so I would not slip on the cobblestone. I'm glad I wasn't in one of the dresses, tripping was out of the question. I made it down to one of the roofs and slid down. I might have cut my leg but didn't noticed. I jumped down to the landing. A guard saw me and looked confused utterly confused to the point I knew I was in trouble. I pointed down to Avett and he made a look of disapproval. I didn't care, he didn't have authority over me. I just keep going. I was low enough now to jump down and ran towards him. Once I hit the ground I felt a bit a pain but had no idea where it was coming from.

"Ouch. Crap what the hell." I said under my breath. 

I ran towards Avett when I heard something in the trees. I stopped and focused on the forest edge trying to smell for anything. Using all my senses to seek out the intruder, I noticed that I lacked a few. The guard was watching too and I knew if I gave the single they would be here in a heartbeat. Not leaving me unattended outside the walls would be a mistake. I could not sense Avett he was still blocking me. I looked towards the guard and signaled to the woods. He called out but I didn't hear him. I backed up towards the walls whatever was out there, it was not in a good mood. I turned to climb when the sound of a gun came out of the forest. A bullet bounced off the walls. A gun! No! It couldn't be. Ellis?

My nails were out and my fangs sharpened. If it was him he was going to harm my family without knowing the truth. I snarled at the danger. I heard guards coming around the side and knew I wasn't alone.

"If you're out there you have only one chance to get away before the guards have you surrounded." I let out my warning. Nothing was moving, everything was still in the forest. The guards may have scared them away. The gunshot was a dumb move on their part. I pulled back my fangs and straightened a little.

"Claire?"
I turned to see Avett standing by the edge of the forest walking towards me. He was hesitant at first. I do not blame him.

"AVETT!" I ran to him hugging him tightly. He didn't return it. He was stiff, afraid to touch me. But I wasn't burning and the bond was gone. I didn't feel him.

"Claire, let go!" He yelled at me.

I backed away slowly. I looked him in the eyes, those beautiful clear eyes and saw nothing. He wasn't the same as before.

"It's okay, my family told me everything. I didn't know what I was doing." I tried to admit it to myself.

"Claire, you burned under my touch. How can that be okay? You rejected me as you mate!"

The words hit me hard. I was spiraling into the darkness. I forgot there was someone out there in the woods and I heard another gunshot. This time it hit its target.

"Claire!" I was shot in the right next to my heart. It missed by an inch I could tell with the blood still pumping in my ears. Everything went black, I couldn't see anything. Then I felt myself running. It was like my nightmare. I was in pain and blood was dripping down my body. Pure darkness all around me only this time I knew I was bleeding.

"Claire, I'll get you behind the wall please don't leave me. I can't let you die." His words were far off that the thought Avett was miles away killed me.

I faded into the darkness. Nothing was stopping the amount of blood I was losing. My speed to heal wasn't even working and I knew it. I felt numb and unable to move, speak closet to not breathing. My body had felt this before, I went into a deep sleep with the last words being.

"My love, don't die."