Last chapter!!

I woke up in a warm familiar room. It was the room we decided to make our home. I heard giggling in the bathroom and knew it was my boys playing in the grand bathroom.

"Oh boys! You had better be keeping it clean." I heard them stop laughing and I quickly made my way to them. I came into the room and saw them in the tub. They looked at me and thought they heard a ghost.

"What's wrong. Why are you looking at me that way?"

"Claire my love, do you know what happened to you?"

"Umm, I passed out in the woods."

"Yes, three months ago. You don't remember what happened the whole time you were out?"

"Umm, no.."

"Sweetie you attacked your.. father. He was badly wounded and you almost killed him." All the blood drained from my body. I fell to the floor. Avett came to my side and made sure I was still here.

"It seemed like you were weak to keep you mind in control so whatever darkness took over your body to finish what Matteo wanted."

"Where is he?"

"He's in his room, but Claire he's not the same."

I left the room and went through the castle to find my father. I didn't have time to see who I was passing by. Once I made it to his room I heard him.

"Claire come in." His voice was deep and tired. I opened the door and stood there. My father had lost his sight. He couldn't stand. He was in a chair with a guard by his side. I did that. I did that to him. Tears started flowing down.

"Claire please don't cry. We all know this wasn't your doing. You had something locked away to take effect when Matteo was gone."

"I... i.." I ran to him. I cried in his lap. I cursed Matteo for doing this. He hurt father too many times. This was the worst.

"Shhh, Claire I love you. Don't worry." He waved his hand and the guard left us. Mother must have came in because I smelled her close by.

"Claire sweetie, we are getting old. It's only a matter of time we need to leave to live our lives and you take over the kingdom."  Mother came by my side and brushed my hair.

This is normal. I know I remember seeing my grandmother leave when I was young.

"Oh but don't worry. We will visit often. It's just our time now. Besides my grand babies need us." Mother was cheerful.

"I'm so sorry, I wish everything was perfect. I didn't want any of this."

"We know sweetie. The war is finally over and you and Avett can live and rule this land together. Your sister decided to stay and help you manage but she too has a kingdom she needs to head back to."

"So we will be alone?"

"No, Gianni and Claus are still too young to find mates. You will have them here and raise them in my absent."

"Oh mother! But first, help me with this."  I pointed to my stomach. She placed her hand and felt the miscarriage though our bond. She even felt the pain it still left.

"Claire sweetie, that child had left you but not fully. I'll call a maid. All you need is a drink of some
Medicine and you'll be able to have more." She said that last part with hope. She too didn't think I could have more.

"Oh thank goodness. I've have pain for months now." My mother eyes traveled to the door. Avett was there dashing in his king outfit my father would wear. Seems he was kinged while I was in my coma. And Leo was wearing a clean suit.