01 - Questions and Coffee

"Are you sure her flight gets in at five thirty?"

"For the millionth time, yes." Stiles sighed, deeply. "Not only did Chloe email me her about her flight times, but she made sure that I- We would be here to pick her up." 

"She didn't tell me about her flight times." Scott said, slightly bitter. 

"Yeah, well, you were kind of an ass to her before she left, so she has a reason for not telling you." Stiles pointed out to his best friend. "But, like Chloe said, all of that is in the past. She's moved on from all of that and it's best if we do, too." 

A smile slipped on my lips as I heard Stiles and Scott's voice from somewhere inside of the airport. My fingers flexed around the handle of my suitcase. Aiden led the way through the crowded airport. 

Stiles was right with what he had said. A couple of weeks of being in France, I emailed the two of them and said that whatever drama that had happened before I left was in the past. I told Scott that I forgave him for everything that he did. That didn't mean I wasn't hurt by it anymore because, way deep down, a part of my heart had been cracked. 

Two months in France with my brother and Aiden truly did make me become a better person and Alpha hybrid. Argent taught the three of us how to be in sync with each other no matter what kind of situation we were in. Isaac and I were already close from being siblings. This escape from Beacon Hills just helped us even more.

At first, Isaac and Aiden were kind of against working together until they realized that we only had each other now. The guys may not admit it, but I knew that they would have each other's back from now on. The three of us became our own little family.

A huge part of me was thrilled to be back in California. Beacon Hills would always be my home and it was good to be going back. The two months in France were exactly what I needed to figure out who I was and what I wanted. One of the main reasoning of going to France was because I had feelings for my ex-boyfriend and my best friend. I needed time to figure everything out. 

One of the other reasons was that the deaths of my beta, Ethan, and Allison, made me feel broken. The only way I could describe it was feeling, as if, I had lost a part of myself. The Nogistune had taken a lot of strength out of me, and it wasn't until I got to France, that I realized everything that I had done to save my friends. 

Being an Alpha was a lot to take in for most werewolves. Becoming an Alpha when you are a hybrid, felt like a whole different experience. Argent taught me a lot. He was a hunter for so many years, that he had studied werewolves and knew how they worked. An Alpha hybrid was rare in the supernatural world. I had to be prepared for whatever came my way.

"Maybe her flight is running late. What if they got delayed at their first stop in the States? Don't they change flights before they get here?" Scott's voice carried through the massive airport

Aiden was swiftly weaving through the crowds of people in the airport. His face was blank and showed no signs of being able to hear Scott or Stiles. Isaac was two steps to the right of me. From what I could read from his facial features, he had no idea that Scott and Stiles were having a conversation.

At the time, I hadn't even been trying to find their voices in this vast airport. My ears seemed to pick up on their voices, automatically. There was only one time during the two months that I had talked on the phone to Stiles. It was a brief conversation because I knew he would be charged for calling me. We barely managed to say a couple of words to each other before I ended the call. 

All I know was that it was really great to hear his voice again. Even if it did only last for less than a minute. To be able to hear their voices again- wherever they were in this airport- I couldn't stop the smile that spread out on my lips. I missed all of my friends.