34 - Live Feed

All eyes fell on me when Stiles' phone silently vibrated on the hospital bed. Liam sucked in a deep breath when the caller id read 'Chris Argent' on the screen. My right hand plucked the phone from the bed before any passing nurses could peek into the room we hijacked ten minutes ago. Isaac glimpsed over his shoulder from where he stood next to the closed door, arms folded over his chest, tasked with the job of being our lookout for the time-being.

The last thing we needed was a nurse or doctor accidentally wandering into our room. Mrs. McCall informed us this room would be our best bet to not be interrupted or questioned for our suspicious activities.

"I'm here," Argent lowly spoke into the phone from his location with Aiden on the roof. "You ready?"

I shared a brief look with Stiles next to me. My left hand reached out toward the laptop placed in front of the four of us on the bed and hovered my fingers above the 'enter' button on the keyboard. Kira peered around my body and shared a quick look with Stiles on my left.

"Try it now."

I tapped the button. The screens of the four laptops we acquired flashed to life with four different cameras displayed on each of them. Argent snuck to the roof and helped us gain access to the camera feed throughout the hospital for when the Benefactor arrived.

Liam exhaled with relief.

"It worked," I stated.

"Sending Aiden back to you," he responded.

The call ended with a soft click. The phone screen returned back to Stiles' home screen as I lowered the device from my ear. The wallpaper caught my attention before I handed it back to him, momentarily distracted from the seriousness of the situation.

A picture of myself stared back at me. The picture was taken after I returned home from sharing my life story with Liam inside of my childhood house. My body was physically and mentally exhausted that night when I returned to my house, yet found enough energy to take a few pictures of myself and sent them to Stiles. My hair had fallen into loose wavesI never knew he saved them.

An innocent smile formed on Stiles' lips as he grabbed his phone from my outstretched hand. I smiled back at him until Liam accidentally brushed against my arm to get a better look of the laptops. Our eye contact broke.

"So, now we just wait?" Liam asked, curiously. His ocean eyes shifted from the four laptops to the rest of us, waiting for my response as the sole Alpha of the pack while Scott was currently out of commission.

I nodded once. My attention returned back to the situation on hand instead of the picture of myself on Stiles' phone. "Aiden and Stiles went to meet up with Argent to contact the Benefactor with Garrett's laptop."

"The Benefactor said they needed visual confirmation before payment could be sent—"

The door of our room quietly squeaked open as Aiden slipped into the room. "But then, Argent threatened to go after the Benefactor if they didn't pay," he added, joined in the conversation as if he had been a part of it the whole time.

Kira rose her eyebrows in shock, eyes widened. "Was that a good idea?"

Stiles cocked his head to the side with uncertainty. "No, probably not, but we need the Benefactor to show up, so it's the only plan we've got," he responded, lips pressed together in a thin line when he finished.

"Yeah, well," Isaac muttered from his post by the door as he peeked out the small window into the hallway. "Let's hope we don't have to wait too long. Scott only has—" He glanced down at the timer on his phone. "Twenty-six minutes."