04 - Exercises

"Alright, listen up!" Coach called out to the boy's locker room. He waited until all of them stopped in mid-conversation to stare back at him, waiting to hear what he had to say.

I stood beside him, dressed in another pair of yoga pants and a loose, forest green tank top. There was this sense of power radiating off of Coach and wrapped around my body. I was enjoying the fact I would have total control over the whole team. Maybe I needed a shirt that said "Coach 2.0" on the back of it. 

"Chloe, here," Coach half waved to me with his hand holding the clipboard. "Will be going through all of the stretches and exercises for every practice, including today's tryouts."

Several of the guys turned to each other, lowly whispering about my new position. Isaac, Scott, and Stiles were smiling at me, proudly. My brother and Stiles knew how much I was looking forward to this. Sports was never my kind of thing, but the extra credit and power over the team won me over.

"She is officially a Coach 2.0 and she will tell me if any of you are screwing up. Listen to her and stay on her good side, and you'll stay on my good side. Understood?"

Murmurs of agreement fill the locker room. Some of the boys, mainly Greenberg and his friends, looked rather anxious. They appeared to know that I would not be going easy on them.

"You seem to listen to her better anyways." Coach grumbled under his breath, bitterly.

I raised a brow at the bitterness heard in his voice. He sharply looked away from me when he realized I had heard what he said. I guess Coach is a bit annoyed I can control the boys better than he can. However, I knew he was happy to have me assist him, considering how he was talking to himself in his office about how that was one less thing for him to do.

Isaac stood at the lockers opposite of Scott and Stiles' lockers. He was already wearing a pair of grey sweatpants and a brand t-shirt. He smirked when we locked eyes for a split second. I knew he missed lacrosse when we were in France and he nearly only talked about it on our flight back.

"As a reminder," Coach continued while he had their attention. "It's an open tryout today. All positions available. This is a rebuilding season, people." He lifted the clipboard up in front of him, flipping through the pages. "Jackson's gone, Lahey's gone, Greenberg, the only guy I actually wanted gone was held back...again--"

"Coach, I'm right here." Isaac waved his hand around in the air to gain his attention. An annoyed look was plastered on his face from Coach forgetting about him for the second time.

Coach frowned, "Who the hell are you?"

I bit down on my bottom lip to keep myself from bursting out in laughter. Did Coach seriously forget about Isaac again? This morning, he forgot we were even siblings. He had always been one of the best of the lacrosse team. I surely would have thought Coach would remember him.

"Isaac Lahey," My brother answered him. "We went over this earlier today."

Coach pointed to his clipboard while he shook his head. "No, it says here, he went to France."

"Yeah, I did go to France and then I just came back a few days ago." Isaac sighed in annoyance.

Coach looked up from the clipboard to stare back at him. "I thought your name was Ian?"

A snicker flew off of my lips and I quickly covered it with a fake cough. Isaac shot a glare in my direction, ceasing me of my laughter. This was just too funny. Not only did Coach forget about him twice, but, now, he thought his name was Ian.

Stiles followed my actions and choked on his own laughter. His brown eyes darted from Isaac to Coach and then to me, which made us almost howl with laughter. I hide my lips behind my hand, stopping anyone from seeing how hard I am trying not to laugh at the whole situation.