05 - Laps

"Scott, take a lap."

Scott's head popped up from where he was doing push ups. His jaw fell open in confusion and shock of why I only called him out. "W-What? Why?"

I simply shrugged my shoulders in response, "Because I told you to."

"But why am I the only one taking a lap?" He climbed to his feet and brushed the dirt off of his hands. He looked around him at the other guys in the grass.

Greenberg stopped doing his push ups to comment, "Didn't you cheat on her?"

"I think that's a pretty good reason," Davis added.

"I didn't cheat on her." Scott defended himself from their accusatory glares.

The rest of the boys, aside from Liam, Isaac, and my brother, shared looks with each other, as if they didn't believe a word Scott was saying. I didn't realize our relationship had gone public with the whole school. Did everyone know what happened between the two of us? Or, at least, think they knew?

"He didn't cheat on me." I stuck up for Scott. I mumbled lowly under my breath, "At least, not technically."

Scott gaped when he heard me. He was right. He didn't cheat on me with Kira. However, he did do a lot of flirting and ignoring me when she was around. I shrugged my shoulders at him. Isaac shot a heated glare at him from the short distance between them.

On our way back to France, I had to talk Isaac and Aiden out of murdering Scott when we returned to Beacon Hills. Even though I told them I was done with all of it, the two of them were not. They were furious for how Scott had treated me when we were together. 

"Besides," I began to change the subject just a tad. "The captain has to stay in better shape than everyone else." 

"But I'm not captain."

"But you want to be." I retorted. There was no way I was going to let him talk me out of this. 

Scott's head tilted to the side after he looked at Stiles for help. "I thought this was behind us?"

"It will be behind us a little faster if you start running." I pointed to the track over my shoulder with a grin. I clapped my hands together. "In fact, how about everyone takes a lap? Every time one of you complains, everyone gets a lap. Except Stiles. I need your help with something." 

The boys let their heads fall backwards as they groaned and grumbled at Scott. The few freshman trying out gave Scott annoyed glares before they started on their first lap. I giggled to myself, watching them run around the track. This was way too much fun. I understood why Coach gave them such a hard time so much. It was just fun. 

Stiles pushed himself up from the ground and brushed off the grass that clung to his palms. He strolled over to where I was staying, panting slightly. "What do you need my help with?" 

"Nothing," I flashed him a grin. 

The corners of Stiles' lips tugged upwards. "This is why I love you," He stated, casually. 

My eyes snapped to his chocolate brown ones, surprise shown brightly in them. Did- Did he- No, of course not. He meant it as a friend. 

His own eyes widened as he realized why I was giving him such a shocked look. "Oh, I- I mean--" Stiles stumbled over his own words, attempting to fix his mistake of what he said. "You know, like-" He nervously swallowed, cheeks burning red. "Like a friend." 

"Yeah," I matched his nervousness, awkwardly chuckling. "Yeah, I knew what you meant." 

While I was in France, I did think about Stiles' feelings for me. There was a part of me that did care for Stiles. I just didn't know what kind of feelings those were. My ears picked up on what kind of feelings Stiles had for me, though. That second when his heart skipped a beat when he said the word 'friend' gave it all away.